Cake For My Uncles Funeral... Need Help Please

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 4:15am by tinygoose

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:49am
post #1 of 4

I made this cake tonight for my Uncle who passed away on Sunday. This was the hardest cake emtionally I could have ever made. He has such a special place in my heart and I miss him more than words can express.

Anyway I made this quick cake for him, I was so upset I forgot to level it and the frosting looks like crap but... I need a few more words for it, any suggestions my mind is blank at this point.

I can not get to attach so it is in my album.

3 replies
kellikrause Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellikrause Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:57am
post #2 of 4

So sorry for your loss. My mother-in-law passed away on 4/11/2010 and it is really hard, I understand. Maybe you could add more icing to the edges to offset the hump from not leveling. Or add some scroll work to cover it up. I'm sure it will be fine, and you should be applauded for putting in the effort at such a hard time!

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:07am
post #3 of 4

I'm sorry for your loss......Maybe you could add his dates of birth to death??? We Miss you????Will be deeply missed? Gone but not forgotten?? Loved by Many??? It's a little past my bedtime but thats what rolls off my head without knowing him or your family

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:15am
post #4 of 4

I'm sorry for your loss. When my sister died my BIL put their wedding date along with rings and a love bird on her headstone, he also put their kids names, and noted that she was an Reg. Nurse. I added on the thank you cards that, "For a brief shining moment an angel passed our way." Not sure if that works for you, but maybe it will give you some ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%