Ribbon Around Buttercream?

Decorating By Faffy Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 1:16am by Geechigirl

Faffy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faffy Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:01am
post #1 of 8

Just wondering if it is safe to put a ribbon boarder on buttercream? Will the ribbon get greasy and show? And one more question I have seen some wedding cakes done with scolls type designs on the side is this fondant covered then buttercream scroll or all buttercream? Just wondering if fondant would be alright with buttercream on it or will something bad happen to the fondant if I do this? Thanks for the help icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Faffy Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:34am
post #2 of 8

Anybody?

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:34am
post #3 of 8

They usually do royal icing on fondant from what I've done. I use a crusting buttercream and it's never bothered with my ribbon. IT all depends on what you use. Good luck!! I've heard some people iron wax paper too on the backs of their ribbon , but I've never tried that.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:35am
post #4 of 8

scroll down the questions list.. this was asked just a little while ago with lots of good answers. sorry I dont have a link handy to the post.

Faffy Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:51am
post #5 of 8

Thanks I foumd my answers in aanother forum I love CC icon_biggrin.gif

emilyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyg Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 8

Faffy, you can stencil SugarVeil to make your scrolls, then peel to place on ganache, buttercream, fondant, and even whipped cream-iced cakes. And see the "How To" forum (just posted) for pictures of SugarVeil ribbons. Please let us know if we can answer any questions. Thanks much - Michele at SugarVeil
LL
LL

aprilblack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilblack Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:06pm
post #7 of 8

ok, I have got to get sugarveil!!

Geechigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Geechigirl Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:16am
post #8 of 8

I use sheer ribbon on my buttercream cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%