Shoe Box Cake

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 27 Apr 2010 , 9:04pm by lanana

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 2

Ok i got the info about the shoe, Now i need to know what size to cut my cake to make the shoe box, I baked a 11x15 Im thinking kinda narrow, Also what kind of logos would look great, My them is light pink and black zebra stripes on the pink shoe, and for the box i would like a name brand shoe box but dont know what colors are out there, since i dont buy expensive shoes(: Our any thing that would screem high matience.
Thanks for all the great tutors for the shoe im working on it tonight , Oh what is tylose and where can i get it i only have a michaels handy.

1 reply
lanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanana Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 2

the best place to find ideas is google!! simple browse for shoe box cake and you ll get lots of good pictures and for sure at CC!!! tylose is a powder you put on fondant to make it hold the shape and to dry faster. It's great for modeling where you need to hold a round shape etc. It is also known as CMC powder. A good option at michael's is gum paste from wilton , they must have it in powder option or premade, but i think premade option is too expensive. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%