Cake Decorating Supplies In Canada

Decorating By Ocean23 Updated 27 Apr 2010 , 11:50pm by pat-a-cakes

Ocean23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ocean23 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 17

Hi there
Anyone out there know of some good websites to order cake decorating supplies (fondant, molds, tools) that have good prices and reasonable shipping in Canada???
Thanks

16 replies
Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 17

Flour Confections. Check out the website.

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 17

Golda's Kitchen in Mississauga. They have a website as well. Shipping isn't cheap, but it is quick, and they do have lots of products.

pat-a-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pat-a-cakes Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 17

I found a website called Goldas kitchen. They are located in Toronto Ontario and have reasonable shipping costs. I can actually get it shipped cheaper than driving to the store and it's less than 2 hours away! They have an okay selection of fondants and a pretty big selection of tools and cutters.

dess1023 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dess1023 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 17

For coloring, dust and flavoring, www.vanillafoodcompany.ca The shipping is 7$ anywhere in Canada.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 3:56am
post #6 of 17

I agree, Goldas Kitchen in Ontario.
Cake Mischief in Edmonton is really good too! icon_smile.gif

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 4:04am
post #7 of 17

Icing Inspirations - Kitchener
McCalls - Toronto
Creative Cutters - Richmond Hill

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 4:21am
post #8 of 17

SAVE!! icon_smile.gif

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 4:46am
post #9 of 17

Thanks Dess1023
I sure like the look of the Vanilla Food Co.

ShanB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShanB Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 12:03pm
post #10 of 17

I use vanilla food company for almost all my colour and flavourings. They are really good. Icing inspirations is about 15 minutes from me so I tend to shop there in store, not online.

Golda's kitchen is my other online shopping store.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 12:12pm
post #11 of 17

There is also a new one who has been around for along time in Langley BC and they just launched their online store recently.Not too much product yet but I'm sure they will be adding more every week.

www.scoop-n-save.com

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 12:34pm
post #12 of 17

I've shopped Scoop-n-save personally, they are a bit more expensive.

pat-a-cakes Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:33pm
post #13 of 17

Just checked out vanilla food company and the first thing I noticed was that the Lorann Oils are $6.45! You can get them at Bulk Barn for $1.99. I am not familiar with any of the other products so I don't know how the rest of their prices compare. Bulk Barn does carry a pretty good assortment of basic decorating items but no choice as it's all Wilton.

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:50pm
post #14 of 17

i've used the bulk barn for most of my regular items, it's cheaper than Micheals, and i've also ordered on line from Cake Mischief.

ShanB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShanB Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:37pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat-a-cakes

Just checked out vanilla food company and the first thing I noticed was that the Lorann Oils are $6.45! You can get them at Bulk Barn for $1.99. I am not familiar with any of the other products so I don't know how the rest of their prices compare. Bulk Barn does carry a pretty good assortment of basic decorating items but no choice as it's all Wilton.

that is for a 30ml bottle, the ones I get at bulk barn are only 4ml or 1 dram, not 1oz

pat-a-cakes Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 11:24pm
post #16 of 17

Sorry I guess I should have checked the size first on the Lorann oils. icon_redface.gif
[that is for a 30ml bottle, the ones I get at bulk barn are only 4ml or 1 dram, not 1oz][/quote]

pat-a-cakes Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 11:50pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat-a-cakes

that is for a 30ml bottle, the ones I get at bulk barn are only 4ml or 1 dram, not 1oz

oops should have checked the size of the bottle first.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%