Rolling Out Fondant?

Decorating By Alexrn Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 3:54pm by mrsdizney

Alexrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alexrn Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 3

Last night I made some MMF, and it seemed to be of great consistency (I am new to this, and the first time I tried it was way too dry and cracked), but when I attempted to roll it out (I just used my granite countertops) it totally stuck to the counter and was ruined. I tried once with a little crisco on the counter, and then again dry with some corn starch. Is there any way to do it on a countertop or do I need to look into some sort of mat? Do they sell really large mats?

Thanks in advance, I am so very grateful to all of you who help us newbies!

2 replies
multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 3

Your marble counter top is a perfect place to roll your fondant. When you make mmf you need to let it sit in the fridge overnight before you use it. Once it set overnight, knead it until it is a more pliable consistency, spread a thin layer of shortening and roll away. I usually find you need to roll it out 2 times in order to reach the perfect smooth finish. Good Luck!!

mrsdizney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdizney Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by multilayered

Your marble counter top is a perfect place to roll your fondant. When you make mmf you need to let it sit in the fridge overnight before you use it. Once it set overnight, knead it until it is a more pliable consistency, spread a thin layer of shortening and roll away. I usually find you need to roll it out 2 times in order to reach the perfect smooth finish. Good Luck!!

Ive never put mine in the fridge over night. May have to try this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%