Still Skidding On Dragees : )

Decorating By Win Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 9:25pm by KHalstead

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 11

Last weekend, while working on one of my cakes, I knocked over a small bottle of the tiny dragees. Needless to say, I lost a substantial amount of the content all over my workroom. I thought I got them all swept up, but find myself still skidding every now and then on a stray I missed. Those little boogers are slick! I'll probably be finding them for months... icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

10 replies
sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 11

I completely understand. My daughter just turned 4 in October and received a cake decorating kit as a gift (from me and hubby)- basically the Duff version of the Easy-Bake Oven. She hasn't played with it in a while but I'm still finding blue, pink, and brown polka dot sprinkles when I least expect it.

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 11

icon_lol.gif That's funny. Maybe you need to cover the bottoms of your shoes with double sided tape! icon_lol.gif I guess this is just another reason why those little things are banned in some states!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 1:48pm
post #4 of 11

I went to a local garden center and bought a 1 pound deli container full of dragees for like $5.00! Anyhow that's my worst fear everytime I open it is that it may spill.......I keep telling myself to put it in a smaller container (just in case) but never have the time when I think about it!!

I really need to make time to do that........can you imagine a container that size all over the floor!!??

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 1:56pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadak

icon_lol.gif That's funny. Maybe you need to cover the bottoms of your shoes with double sided tape! icon_lol.gif I guess this is just another reason why those little things are banned in some states!

Jada, I was thinking the exact same two things while I was cleaning them up!

Quote:
Quote:

.....can you imagine a container that size all over the floor!!??

I think I remember an episode of AOC where they spilled a large container and they went rolling all over the bakery! Shudder!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 11

Yeah, I have a gallon size container of each color.....DEFINATELY put them in a smaller easier to control size KH!! Every time I have used them, they are everywhere for several weeks. icon_razz.gif You sweep, and they fly!!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:32pm
post #7 of 11

A 1 pound deli container full of dragees for $5.00 !?!
faint

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:46pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

faint

Ditto!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:48pm
post #9 of 11

Everytime I spill some of those (which thank heavens was only a couple of times) I figure I must have done somethign REALLY BAD and it's one of those "god will get ya!" things! icon_lol.gif

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 5:02pm
post #10 of 11

I dropped a container of sprinkles once - I had to use the vacuum just to be able to walk into the kitchen. They were everywhere! I wonder if when I sold the house the new owners found any! LOL

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 9:25pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchristi27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

faint

Ditto!!

I know I know.............that's why I said how much I paid........awesome deal!!

They only have silver though.........and a few different random sprinkles, I'm trying to get them to get EVERY color at that price!! lol

When I bought them I got 3 things of them (I'm scared they might pull the silver ones in Ohio like they did in California LOL)
and the girl at the counter was like "whatcha doin with these things?" I said..............oh..........wedding cake. She said........oh, ok....cuz I think that's what they're for! lol She had no clue and I certainly wasn't telling her I've been paying $3.00 for 1/2 oz. baggie of them at the cake supply store!!
icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%