Whip Cream Frosting

Baking By Suewillo Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 12:35am by prterrell

Suewillo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suewillo Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 3

I'm looking for a whip cream frosting recipe that is light and not too sweet.
My filling is fresh strawberries and whipcream with pudding and jello whipped together. The cake will be sitting out for several hours. I would like a frosting that taste like whip cream and hold up for piping too. I think I'm asking a lot but I know you ladies have lots of idea's. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Sue

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 3

there is a recipe on c/c (stabilized whipcream) by frankola. i have used several of her recipes. so i made this a couple weeks ago. i really liked it and so did my family. i also think it is on the wilton site. you are saying it will sat out for several hours. do you mean in a cool room. not outside. mine was just a family cake and it held up great , i do think she says you can pipe with it. hth

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 12:35am
post #3 of 3

Just make stabilized whipped cream. NOTHING tastes like whipped cream, but whipped cream. You can adjust the sweetness level yourself, depending on how much PS you add to the cream. The easiest way to stabilize whipped cream is to use Dr. Oetker's Whip It. Remember, the filling you have selected, as well as whipped cream, require refrigeration. They will be okay at room temp for up to 4 hours, but any left overs must be discarded if the cake is out for the entire 4 hour block.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%