New Cupcake Liners

Baking By pugmama1 Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 1:12am by newmansmom2004

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 5

Perhaps someone has already talked about this, but I was in JoAnn's the other day and Wilton has some spiffy new cupcake baking cups. They are looking like they are trying to combine a wrapper with a liner. Beautiful colors with ruffled or pleated sides. There is a yellow one, that when baked, the cupcake would look like a big daffodil! I didn't buy any yet so I don't know if they bake well for retaining color and shape. I think the price was $3.99 for 24. Also, I got a flyer today that says the store will be demonstrating the Cricut Cake on May 8 between 1 and 3pm. I live just outside Seattle. Anyone tried those liners/wrappers yet?

4 replies
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 5:30am
post #2 of 5

I saw the same liners myself. Will await someone's answer.

Sillyred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sillyred Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 5

Yes, I bought them and made WASC cupcakes in them.....unfortunately, I was quite disappointed. The liners became rather greasy. Next time I will just use a regular cupcake liner and then place in the flowered liner so the cupcake doesn't show through.

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 12:49am
post #4 of 5

I wonder if lining it with a simple cupcake paper would help?

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 1:12am
post #5 of 5

I've purchased similar liners online and they're the greaseproof ones. They didn't get greasy at all, but they did open up during the baking process and batter got between the folds and they looked really funky. Aside from that I liked them, but they weren't the Wilton brand. They were the original tulip type liners that came out about a year or so ago.

I think next time I might sit the liners down into those large nut cups before I fill and bake to see if they maintain their shape during baking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%