Trouble Finding 16 Oz Mm For Mmf

Decorating By ilovemylittleone Updated 23 Apr 2010 , 5:36pm by KHalstead

ilovemylittleone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilovemylittleone Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 7

Anyone know if they have this at Wal-mart? The only thing I can find is the 10.5

6 replies
eccl1-12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eccl1-12 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know about Walmart selection, at the grocery store that I go to they have the store brand which I think is 10.5 and then there is the JetPuffed Brand which (at least in the small MM size) comes in 16 oz. If you can't find that brand anywhere, you may have to buy a kitchen scale of some sort. They are handy to have anyway. Happy shopping!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 7

they have the store brand ones (American value or something like that) at my super wal-mart and they're 16 oz. still!!

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 7

it's rare for me to find the 16 oz. as well, even within different locations of the same chain of stores. i typically buy the 10.5 oz and use my kitchen scale to make MMF half-batches.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:20pm
post #5 of 7

Try filling an 8 cup measure with marshmallows. I buy mine in a 3lb bag and found that 1lb or 16 oz was about 8 cups.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 7

I simply use 3 bags of the 10.5 mm and make a double batch...you'd only be shy a half ounce of mm...

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:36pm
post #7 of 7

I don't even measure for mmf LOL I dump in marshmallows (however many I have or however many will fit in the particular bowl I grabbed) and use the sprayer on my sink to sqirt a little water on top, microwave for 1 min. stir, 30 seconds more, stir, once completely melted I add some vanilla and then start adding powdered sugar until a dough forms.

Measuring everything gets old LOL (I'm turning into my grandmother!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%