Really?!?!?!

Decorating By SunshineSally Updated 24 Apr 2010 , 3:32am by mamawrobin

SunshineSally Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunshineSally Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 7

Covering a cake with Satin Ice. Started with the small tier because I'm less nervous with the little ones. This stuff is tearing all over the place!!!! I've read somewhere that I can add glycerin. Does anyone know how much to add? This cake is to be delivered tonight and I'm ready to scream!!!! icon_mad.gif

6 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 1:08am
post #2 of 7

Glycerin will make it softer and thus more prone to tearing.

How thin are you rolling it?
Did you knead it before rolling? If so, is it possible you over worked it (makes it too soft)?

If it's too soft, knead a little cornstarch in. If it's too dry, knead in a little shortening.

cakemamaP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemamaP Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 1:21am
post #3 of 7

see prterrell....that right there is why you should not stop posting...even when you get attacked for no good reason. You have good intentions to help others and I find you to be so knowledgeable. Sorry I know this is not a reply to this particular thread, but I think you know which one I'm talking about :0) And as soon as I read this bit of info it made me think maybe a little thank you for sharing so much would be in order :0)

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 1:23am
post #4 of 7

Try rolling it thicker.

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 1:24am
post #5 of 7

sunshine, I had the same problem and was in tears before the night was done. I ended up nuking it for a few seconds and kneading the stink out of it and that helped A LOT. HTH good luck.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 2:06am
post #6 of 7

TY cakemamaP. icon_biggrin.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 3:32am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemamaP

see prterrell....that right there is why you should not stop posting...even when you get attacked for no good reason. You have good intentions to help others and I find you to be so knowledgeable. Sorry I know this is not a reply to this particular thread, but I think you know which one I'm talking about :0) And as soon as I read this bit of info it made me think maybe a little thank you for sharing so much would be in order :0)

What she said thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%