Who Lives In A Pineapple...

Decorating By TexasSugar Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 5:46pm by Rachie204

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 19

...under the sea...

Okay sorry to anyone else that will now have that stuck in their head for the rest of the day.

I have a question to anyone that has kids that watch the show or that watch the show themselves.

My best friend's son's birthday party is this weekend and she told me the theme is sponge bob. So I started searching pictures online and came across one that had a crabby patty, so they I decided to search burgers and saw some super cute, super easy mini burgers and thought this would be a great idea for him.

Any way, can anyone tell me what condiments come on the crabby patty? I'm guessing cheese, but what veggies and is it mustard/mayo/ketchup? Normally I wouldn't worry too much, but her son is one that would know exactly what comes on it and would tell me if I got it wrong.

Who can help me?

18 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 19

I can't really help with the actual Krabby Patty (correct spelling icon_lol.gif ), but I do know that for some reason the SPATULA that it gets cooked with is funny. My kids laugh when I say 'Spatula' and go 'Spaat--uuu-laa', so you may want to serve one alongside the burgers, for extra laughs.

TexasSugar Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 19

Foxy is that tomatoes or ketchup? Thank you for the picture!!

Tubbs, I'll have to remember that. I may have an extra one laying around. Of course then, knowing her son he will want to serve them on the spatula, and that could get messy!

BACI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BACI Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 19

Ok - so your subject caught my attention (why I dont know - dont even watch it!) AND you got the song in my head!!!! Did a quick search for you & came up with this site - gives you the history of the Krabby Patty, maybe you can stump the b'day boy! (how we ever passed history class not knowing this I will never know! lol).
If you scroll down the ingredients of the Krabby Patty are in layer order. (Obviously someone at wikia had a lot of time on their hands! hee!) And when dealing with experts - I always search a little more to see if it is accurate - don't want the kid to call you out on it!
Hope it helps... be sure to post a picture! Happy Krabby Patty making!

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Krabby_Patty

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BACI Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:41pm
post #7 of 19

Just re-read it - looks like an awful lot of stuff - picture doesn't seem that full. No truth in advertising I guess! hee

OH & if he is fan of the movie.... you can charge $101 a patty!!! It says the price varies per episode.

TexasSugar Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:43pm
post #8 of 19

Oh my that person did have alot of time on their hands! Craziness!

Thank you so much!!

TexasSugar Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:47pm
post #9 of 19

Hmmm, well I guess since they say it varies I'm okay there. Now to figure out the color of the special sauce??

I'm thinking I'll do the veggies in fondant so I'll use buttercream for the sauces.

BACI Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:04pm
post #10 of 19

Saw on one or two other sites that it is Arby's Sauce...

Here is a link from Nick Jr. - not certain of the accuracy of all of it, as I see different opinions BUT the important ingredient is LOVE... (just want you to know in case you get tested!! We have to stick together against these know it all kids! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif )

http://www.nick.com/mynick/messageboards/viewthread.jhtml?bID=57&tID=3437969&mID=16114855&offset=0

OK - and now I have to stop searching!!!! See, told you I check several sources - but sometimes that gets you in trouble!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:21pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Oh my that person did have alot of time on their hands! Craziness!

Thank you so much!!

I was thinking the same thing, wonder if it's some single guy living in his parents' basement, living on krabby patties LOL

TexasSugar Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:34pm
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I was thinking the same thing, wonder if it's some single guy living in his parents' basement, living on krabby patties LOL

Could very well have been!

BACI, thank you! Hope you get that song out of your head soon!

JayyBugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayyBugg Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:38pm
post #13 of 19

if he's a die-hard fan like you say, then research is a must as theres also a correct order of the assembly procedure haha sorry not sure what that is tho =/. maybe you could find the episode on nickalodeon's website?

TexasSugar Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:49pm
post #14 of 19

Well I think as long as I am close he will be okay with it, the above sites list things in close to the same order so I'm not sure if there is one set way or it all depended on the writers mood that day.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:23pm
post #15 of 19

OMG, that song....I'll have it in my head all day! LOL Good thing I think it's cute icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 11:30pm
post #16 of 19

i do know that he makes a smiley face with the crabby sauce, under the bun, there is lettuce, and tomatoes. some times he "kar-aty" (sp?) chops the condiments, wish i would have saw this earlier, we just got finished watching spongbob. hth thumbs_up.gif

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 1:22am
post #17 of 19

Humm...I think you must be making this cake for my son....lol

My son is 6 and is pretty certain that a crabby patty consists of...

Buns, Meat, Cheese, Ketchup, Pickles, Tomato, Onion, Lettuce, Secret Sauce (that is red)...

Hope this helps....

TexasSugar Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 1:41pm
post #18 of 19

Well because I did cupcakes and they are only so big I went out on a limb and edited what went in the Crabby Patty.

I did a slice of fondant cheese, then buttercream tomatoes/ketchup/secret sauce, lettuce and mustard/mayo.

Birthday boy loved them, so all went well!

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 5:46pm
post #19 of 19

glad it went over well...they sound super cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%