1-Tier Girly Cake Idea

Decorating By MommaBay Updated 24 Apr 2010 , 10:51pm by mama2_3

MommaBay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaBay Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 5

This is for a surprise party for a friend. It's only 12-15 aults so a single tired cake is perfect. Thing is, i cna think of a single tired cake to design!

We want something kinda girly. She loves chocolate and is a HUGE NC State fan.

Any ideas? PLEASE help!!

4 replies
ladycakes85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycakes85 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 12:00am
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure what the colors are for NC State, but could you do the cake iced or covered in one of their colors with other accent colors used as flowers, stripes or a bow on top? i'd say those would all give it a girly feel while keeping with the school colors.

http://afridgefulloffood.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/2007/05/14/jordans_flowers.jpg

those look like they'd be fun flowers to make icon_smile.gif

MommaBay Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 2:38am
post #3 of 5

NCSU is red, black & white...

I did this cake for her hubby.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1570111

i actually -HATE- doing logos and graphics with star tips... I always think it looks messy no matter how good you are. SO I'd like to avoid something like that.

MommaBay Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 5

anyone?? HELP< PLEASE!

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 5

What about doing something in NC colors but in a girly design. Maybe animal print in red or black and white with the other color for a bow on top? Or a gift box cake using those colors. A cake covered in tiny flowers done in red, black, and white. A purse cake. What about layering white and milk chocolate around the outside of the cake like they do for cheesecakes and have chocolate dipped strawberries on top. That would give you the colors and chocolate! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%