Fondant Decor

Decorating By Sweet_Treatz Updated 23 Apr 2010 , 1:51am by mamawrobin

Sweet_Treatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treatz Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 3

I am so fustrated,
I have 4 cake order for this weekend and I have been baking for the last 2 days, alot of my fustration comes from being sooooooo tired.
But anyway i am tring to make a shot glass out of fondant and this little piece of fondant is kicking my butt.

i do not work with fondant so that doesn't make it any easier.
can anyone help me.

TIA

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 3

What exactly is the problem you are having? Maybe you need to work w/a larger piece, removing the excess after it is molded. If you have a shot glass why can't yhou just push it into the fondant to shape it?
If it is smaller than a real one, more the size of a thimble, just mold it over your thumb, flatten the bottom and let it dry.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:51am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

What exactly is the problem you are having? Maybe you need to work w/a larger piece, removing the excess after it is molded. If you have a shot glass why can't yhou just push it into the fondant to shape it?
If it is smaller than a real one, more the size of a thimble, just mold it over your thumb, flatten the bottom and let it dry.

That's a great idea. I'm going to try to remember that in case I ever need to make one icon_biggrin.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%