Pasta Roller Recommendation?

Decorating By hollyh Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 11:07pm by ddaigle

hollyh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyh Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 9

I ordered the cricut cake and now want to get a pasta roller to ensure my gumpaste is thin enough to work properly. Does anyone have a pasta roller they recommend? Has anyone tried the Kitchenaid pasta sheet roller attachment?

Thanks so much!

8 replies
dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 9

I have the Kitchen Aid pasta roller attachment and love it. It's a little difficult to clean at times, just be sure to be careful with it. But I use it ALL the time now when I'm doing flowers, decorations, etc. I think it's much easier to use than an Atlas.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 9

I love my kitchen aid pasta roller. Got a great deal at https://www.boscovs.com. If I remember, it was like $40.

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 9

ddaigle - $40 is a bargain! I bought mine for $120 but I love it. I do private classes and it makes it easier and faster to roll. I especially enjoy it when I make flowers - I can roll so thin without exerting too much pressure on my wrist.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 9

Kitchen Aid Pasta Roller!!!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:05am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee15

ddaigle - $40 is a bargain! I bought mine for $120 but I love it. I do private classes and it makes it easier and faster to roll. I especially enjoy it when I make flowers - I can roll so thin without exerting too much pressure on my wrist.

I have never seen the attachment for under $200 in Canada! icon_sad.gif I have been wanting it forever...

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:24am
post #7 of 9

I wouldn't mind having a KA pasta roller attachment. For now, though, my Makins clay manual roller will have to do. icon_wink.gif

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 11:02am
post #8 of 9

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! Thanks to Nicholas Lodge for recommending it to us. I imagine the $40 one person paid is for the roller only...When paying over $120, you get three pieces: roller, spaghetti, and fettucini...When I asked Nicholas which to get, he recommended all three....He said he uses the fettucini roller for small bows and swags and the spaghetti for tassels.

As far as cleaning, use a non-toxic spray on top and take a paper towel on the bottom....Wad it up and push upwards towards the roller...While the machine is on, rub the paper towel back and forth several times....Don't put the paper towel through the top....If you need more, spray the top again...

It cleans up in about 2-3 minutes and that's after using black sometimes...

Paul

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 11:07pm
post #9 of 9

Yes...my $40 attachment was for the wide noodle roller. It is all I need to do the fondant accents I do. Love the idea for the spaghetti attachment! I hate using an extruder.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%