What Kind Of Cookie Is This?

Baking By cadgurl07 Updated 22 Apr 2010 , 3:25pm by luv2bake6

cadgurl07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cadgurl07 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 7

I had gotten some cookies from a friend who got it at a bakery. I love them but would like to know what they are and if anyone knows how to make them. Thank you in advance.
LL

6 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 7

I have had that cookie at Italian weddings...the B&G pass huge trays of traditional Italian cookies to the guests. It had an almond flavor, very dense and somewhat chewy. Neopolitan cookies?

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 7

here is what wikipedia says.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_cookie

cadgurl07 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 7

Hmm...this one doesn't have an almond flavor. it's more of a fruity...maybe strawberry with something else. But you're right it's very dense. I asked my friend and she said that they called it a rainbow cookie. I'm sure there's another name for it. Neopolitan is usually Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry..no?

cadgurl07 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 7

Wow thank you! Had no idea it was actually called that. I just thought some people just called it that b/c of the colors. icon_smile.gif I'll have to add this to my "recipes to try" list.
Thanks again!

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 3:00pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadgurl07

Wow thank you! Had no idea it was actually called that. I just thought some people just called it that b/c of the colors. icon_smile.gif I'll have to add this to my "recipes to try" list.
Thanks again!

when in doubt GOOGLE it!! hahaha that is what I do.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 7

Yeah, this is a dense thin cake that is prepared 3x adding red food coloring to one, green to the other and then leaving one plain (or adding yellow) and then baked. They are then layered with either jam or a thin layer of ganache, poured ganache right over the cake and cut into small squares. Most have an almond flavoring in the cake batter. I think the idea is to have the cake's flavoring uniform and not have different flavors going on in each layer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%