Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Baking By LovelyCreations Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 11:36pm by Sherry1030

LovelyCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovelyCreations Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 6

How do I make these? I've read somewhere on CC to fill a cone about 2/3 way full and bake as normal...Is it just that simple icon_confused.gif ??? Do they bake up enough over the edge for decorating? Any help would be greatly appreciated! icon_redface.gif

5 replies
Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 6

i would love to know too, and what is the best way to bake them if you don't have one of the specialty pans?

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 6

i have been making ice cream cupcakes since my daughter was 5 years old and she ust to bring them to school for her bday every year, she is 32 years old. amd still gets them every year, i always put the cone in a muffin pan cuz thats ll i had, and u no what. they allways came out just fine, u do just filll them 3/4 of the way, u might get one or 2 that the cone might brake or split but the most part they come fine

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 6

If your nervous about them falling over, you could ball up some foil around the cone and then put inside muffin tin

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:34pm
post #5 of 6

I bake them in a sheet cake pan, cover the top with heavy duty aluminum foil and then take a sharp knife and make an "x" every few inches and use that to stick the cones into, it will hold them nice and securely.

Also, for transporting I did the same thing with a shirt box, only ...i left the lid on and just put x's in the lid and slid the cones into the openings....then place that whole box inside a bigger brown package box with high sides for transporting.

Sherry1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry1030 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:36pm
post #6 of 6

I make them in a mini muffin pan. Even without, they are bottom heavy and don't tip over as easily as you'd think! Depending on the batter, I fill them about 2/3 full - otherwise they could overflow and they'd be a mess.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%