Indydebi's Serving Chart

Decorating By lecrn Updated 22 Apr 2010 , 2:34am by lorieleann

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 21

I've lost mine!! icon_cry.gif
I use it all the time b/c it has wedding, party, and family servings.
Can anyone send me a link to it? I need it ASAP or I would just pm debi.
Thanks!!

20 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 21

I thought she used the Wilton chart.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 21

She had a chart that I printed off that included wedding, party, and family servings on the same page. This is just wedding servings.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 21

Really? I thought Debi used the Wilton numbers and the straight cut method.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 21

Like the rest, I'm pretty sure she just uses Wilton - here's a link to her blog about cake servings, the chart she uses, and her cutting method (so glad she shared - cutting cakes is so much easier now!).

http://cateritsimple.blogspot.com/2009/06/it-serves-how-many.html

lecrn Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 21

Yes, I've seen that she uses the Wilton chart on her blog, but I swear, she had a chart that I printed out with wedding, party & family serving sizes. It's been some time ago. It was discussed in the forums and I printed it out. I don't know why I didn't save it on my computer. I was just looking @ it yesterday. I charge by party serving (1.5 x 2 x 4). I know that most charge by wedding, but I'm working my way up to that as I get better. I used to charge per family size. icon_eek.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 9:57pm
post #8 of 21

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-party-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

This is Wilton's Party Chart which is are 1.5x2 slices.

Maybe you are thinking of someone else? Every time I have seen Indy talk about servings she has talked about the Wilton Wedding chart, even for kids or her family birthday parties, being the sizes she uses.

lecrn Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 10:21pm
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-party-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

This is Wilton's Party Chart which is are 1.5x2 slices.

Maybe you are thinking of someone else? Every time I have seen Indy talk about servings she has talked about the Wilton Wedding chart, even for kids or her family birthday parties, being the sizes she uses.

I may be, but I swear it was a chart with her name on the top. I've turned the house upside down looking for it. Maybe she'll see this post & let me know if I'm an idiot or not. In the mean time, I'll use the Wilton chart. It was really nice have it all on one page.

PennieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennieK Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 10:32pm
post #10 of 21

you're not going crazy, I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about because I printed off one too. Unfortunately I have no idea where I got it from and I haven't seen it again so I can't help you with that. The wedding and party servings are the same as wilton and I think the family servings are 2x3" pieces.

lecrn Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 10:43pm
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennieK

you're not going crazy, I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about because I printed off one too. Unfortunately I have no idea where I got it from and I haven't seen it again so I can't help you with that. The wedding and party servings are the same as wilton and I think the family servings are 2x3" pieces.

Oh thank God I'm not going crazy!!
wedding=1 x 2 x 4
party=1.5 x 2 x 4
family=2 x 2 x 4

If I can't find my serving chart, I will use Wilton's if the serving sizes are 1.5 x 2 x 4.

I've pm'ed Indy, so maybe she'll have time to reply.

PennieK Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 10:46pm
post #12 of 21

I found it!!!!! I was wrong family size is 2x2.

lecrn Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 10:49pm
post #13 of 21
Quote:

I found it!!!!! I was wrong family size is 2x2.

Do you have it saved in your computer?

On a side note, why does the Wilton chart have a 6 inch round yielding 12 wedding servings & 12 party servings? icon_confused.gif

PennieK Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:13pm
post #14 of 21

No I just have the print out. Im not sure about the 6" on wiltons. Actually the serving sizes are a little different on this chart but it says it doesn't include the small rounded pieces.

lecrn Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:19pm
post #15 of 21
Quote:

No I just have the print out. Im not sure about the 6" on wiltons. Actually the serving sizes are a little different on this chart but it says it doesn't include the small rounded pieces.

Does it have indydebi's name on it?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:31pm
post #16 of 21

What the heck is a "family" serving? icon_confused.gif I assume that's just one layer, which would be the same as a two-layer 1x2 inch serving.

lecrn Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:38pm
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

What the heck is a "family" serving? icon_confused.gif I assume that's just one layer, which would be the same as a two-layer 1x2 inch serving.

A family serving as my definition is a Jethro Bodine 2 x 2 x 4 piece of cake.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:44pm
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

A family serving as my definition is a Jethro Bodine 2 x 2 x 4 piece of cake.

I was picturing the Klumps sitting around stuffing huge hunks of cake into their mouths, but I was hoping I was wrong about that!

PennieK Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 12:40am
post #19 of 21

yes. It has her name at top and then there is a paragraph how the serving are determined by her cutting method

lecrn Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 1:16am
post #20 of 21

Okay. Just heard back from Indydebi. She says that the chart that I'm referring to was made by someone else. They mentioned her name to give her credit b/c they came up with the chart based on her cutting method. She uses the Wilton chart as previously stated.
All this time I thought she had made it. I would still like to find it!

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 2:34am
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecrn

On a side note, why does the Wilton chart have a 6 inch round yielding 12 wedding servings & 12 party servings? icon_confused.gif

pretty sure they do a pie cut for each.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%