Help With Name For Cake Business

Business By alliloz Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 6:52pm by DeeDelightful

alliloz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliloz Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 11

I am needing some help with a name for my cake/dessert business.. everything I have come up with my husband does not like. I want to get my website going and my business card out ther as soon as I can.... My name is Allison, most of my friends call me Alli..
I really liked Allicious....

any ideas would be much appreciated.

10 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 11

Well, one can't always please men....they always think totally different from us. I'm not good at names so I ALWAYS ask my kids. They come up with the most unique, easy to say, easy to remember, meaningful names. I like the name you picked but where I live, they wouldn't be able to pronounce it and definitely wouldn't be able to easily spell it, so that means it would be harder to look up on the website or the yellow pages and harder for them to remember. Hope that helps some.

alliloz Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 11

That is exactly what my husband said about that name. My kids used to say (when they were littlte) oh mommy that cake is sooo allicious... cause the could not say delicious. I am soo stuck. It has been 3 months now that I have been brainstorming...

Torts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Torts Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 11

I have to agree with Malakin.

The first thing that popped into my head when I read Allicious was "Malicious"... which I'm sure that's not what you intended. Go for something cute and catchy that people won't have to pause to think about. For example, a dessert place near me is named "Sweet Dreams"- I love it. Something like "Sweet Tooth" would be along those lines, in my opinion. I can remember it. I can pronounce it. I can spell it. Sure, Google will decipher misspellings of your business's name when people are searching for it, but I'd say make it as easy as possible. Good luck!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 11

Just Desserts by Allison

DeeDelightful Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 11

Alli's Sweet Treats, Alli's Sugar Shoppe, ABC-Alli's Baking Cake

jessacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessacake Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 11

how about AllyCakes?

DeeDelightful Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:39pm
post #8 of 11

Alli's All About Cakes & More

alliloz Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:41pm
post #9 of 11

AlliCakes is on my list of pssibles.... I would like to steer clear of using sweet in the name, because I have it in my tag line... and I LOVE my tag line!!

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:44pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDelightful

Alli's Sweet Treats, Alli's Sugar Shoppe, ABC-Alli's Baking Cake

Oh, NOT ABC... people associate that with already been chewed. Not something they will think of as appetizing.

I like AllyCakes... easy to remember, and you know just by hearing the name what your business is all about. Allicious, unfortunately, doesn't have that instant understanding.

DeeDelightful Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:52pm
post #11 of 11

Sorry, i didn't mean use ABC in the name, i was just brainstorming "out loud".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%