Cricut Cake Came Today

Decorating By SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Updated 6 May 2010 , 11:55pm by iluvpeeks

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:27am
post #91 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolis_Gateaux-2009

I am not happy with my . It was made to look soooooooooooooooo easy and it's not, at least not for me. I will give it a few more days then I am sending it back. I was going to take a class on it but now I feel cheated. If it was that dang easy, then why should I take a class. Let me say that I loooooovvvveeeee taking classes/seminars, so that is not the problem. I just thought it would be an advance technique class. I feel too stupid to take it at all. This should be easy, shouldn't it?

Hi,

The first couple of times I used my CC it did not work for me. Then I read all the CC posts I could find in this forum. They helped very much. Now I get good cuts and I am happy with it. It's not easy, but the more you practice the better it gets. Good luck icon_smile.gif

Ivy383 Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:28am
post #92 of 107
Quote:

I am not happy with my . It was made to look soooooooooooooooo easy and it's not, at least not for me. I will give it a few more days then I am sending it back. I was going to take a class on it but now I feel cheated. If it was that dang easy, then why should I take a class. Let me say that I loooooovvvveeeee taking classes/seminars, so that is not the problem. I just thought it would be an advance technique class. I feel too stupid to take it at all. This should be easy, shouldn't it?

Hi,

The first couple of times I used my CC it did not work for me. Then I read all the CC posts I could find in this forum. They helped very much. Now I get good cuts and I am happy with it. It's not easy, but the more you practice the better it gets. Good luck icon_smile.gif

Jolis_Gateaux-2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jolis_Gateaux-2009 Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:39am
post #93 of 107

I watched all the tutorials on their site twice! No lie, twice! I feel stupid!

I have been trying with the sheets that came in the pck. What are you using? It just seems to be too hard and breaks. I am not one to throw in the towel but it's just ticking me off that I can't get this! Ughhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ivy383 Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:45am
post #94 of 107
Quote:

I watched all the tutorials on their site twice! No lie, twice! I feel stupid!

I have been trying with the sheets that came in the pck. What are you using? It just seems to be too hard and breaks. I am not one to throw in the towel but it's just ticking me off that I can't get this! Ughhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find that my cricut cake works great with Wilton fondant. I roll it out very thin. (So thin that you can see the circles on the mat thru the fondant) Wait 15 to 20 minutes after you roll out before cutting. (The longer you wait before cutting the better) You might think that it's too thin, but it's not. Good luck

Also play with the speed and preasure.

Jolis_Gateaux-2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jolis_Gateaux-2009 Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:55am
post #95 of 107

Thanks for the encouragement. I will give it ago in the morning. I'll keep you posted.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 May 2010 , 1:35pm
post #96 of 107

When you say "their site" if you mean Provo Craft that wont help you much. Do a search on cc and read everything you can find.

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:41pm
post #97 of 107

I think these are a huge waste of money. A Cricut does the same exact thing and you can buy them cheaper.

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:00am
post #98 of 107

I just got an email from cut n crop, my machine is on the way. YEAH!

Ange1mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ange1mom Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:58pm
post #99 of 107

If you are having problems with your fondant/gumpaste you can always take Linda's class on June 10 and 11 in Rocky Mount, NC. I am personally taking the class and can't wait. I hope to see many more of you there too.
Hugs,
Angie B in NC

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 5 May 2010 , 5:27pm
post #100 of 107

just confirmed mine will be delivered tomorrow! I cant wait perfect timing i have some cakes next week i can use it on. Guess i know what i am doing for Mothers day........kids leave me alone while mommy plays with her new toy!

LindieLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindieLu Posted 5 May 2010 , 6:07pm
post #101 of 107

has anyone had any luck with MMF??

Ange1mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ange1mom Posted 5 May 2010 , 6:11pm
post #102 of 107

MMF is pretty sticky. You are better off using gumpaste or a drier fondant.
Hugs,
Angie B in NC

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:45am
post #103 of 107

I also ordered cricut cake from cutncrop, and I haven't received any info
regarding delivery. Do they usually send you a shipment confirmation e-mail?

glendaleAZ Posted 6 May 2010 , 5:00am
post #104 of 107

I didn't receive my email confirmation until a few day after someone else said that they got theirs.

I dont know if this will help, but I ordered my on March 23rd, and they might be sending them out in the order that they were purchased. Just a guess though.

iluvpeeks Posted 6 May 2010 , 5:24am
post #105 of 107

Thanks GlendaleAZ. I ordered mine after yours, so I guess thats how they are shipping. I was really hoping to get it before Mothers Day. I'm new to this whole cake decorating thing, and I'm just so excited to get started! I was in a bad auto accident 4 years ago, and am disabled, so this will be something else I can drive everybody nuts with! I am pretty artistic, love crafts, crocheting, and painting, and I think everyone is sweatered out! I think I'll have alot of fun trying this, and I certainly have alot of inspiration navigating this site. All of you are so talented! Thanks again
iluvpeeks

glendaleAZ Posted 6 May 2010 , 11:36pm
post #106 of 107

iluvpeeks - sounds like you are a very creative person. The Cricut Cake should be right up you alley. I just checked my tracking number and it look like it will be a few more days before it arrives -- if I'm lucky maybe Saturday.

iluvpeeks Posted 6 May 2010 , 11:55pm
post #107 of 107

Hi glendaleAZ
I e-mailed John at cutncrop and asked what the status was. They e-mailed me back and said that everything in my order was there except the frosting sheets, and said they could send me everything else and then send the frosting sheets when they came in. I asked them to send what they had, and send the frosting sheets when they received them. Bummer! I was really hoping to have this by Mothers Day. I have learned how to make some flowers with gumpaste,(all from this site), so they will have to do on my cakes for Sunday. Have a happy everyone.
iluvpeeks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%