Oreo Buttercream

Baking By butterflyX Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 9:55pm by Tracy7953

butterflyX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyX Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to make oreo buttercream just by adding crushed up oreos to a normal buttercream mixture but do i just add the biscuit part or the whole oreo including the cream filled centre???

4 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 5

Crush up the whole thing, I say. If you like, you can stick a bunch of cookies in a food processor and grind them up. If you do grind it up really fine, it comes out looking almost like ground coffee. Chunky or fine ... mmmm!

emms73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emms73 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 5

souds lik oreo truffles i make at christmas so i would suggest crushing them add crumbs to your taste for icing i would also make them fine so as not to interfere with design hope this helps

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 5

I just crush up the whole cookie and leave some bigger chunks in it, but I have just used it for filling. If I was using it as a buttercream on the outside I'd probably go with smaller pieces.

Just know if you make it ahead of time and let it sit the cookie will absorb some of the moisture in the icing. So I make mine a little softer than I would normally use or you may have to add a little more liquid to soften it up.

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 5

What a great idea! I have used Oreos in whipped cream with pudding and that is a definite yum but never in buttercream. Duh. Thanks for the idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%