Relay For Life Ideas

Decorating By cricket0616 Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 10:20pm by cakemeasIam

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can make for our upcoming event. Everyone seems to make cupcakes, brownies and sliced cake. I am trying to come up with an idea that will stand out. I thought about making cupcakes that look like hamburgers to try and grab the attention of the younger audience, but would love to hear if anyone else has any other hot ideas that have sold well at these events.

6 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 7

Is it a bake sale with proceeds to benefit Relay For Life? Is there a theme or anything?

If no theme, I find that brownies. RKT, and chocolate chip cookies usually sell pretty quickly.

cricket0616 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 7

There is a theme, but it was something odd so I don't remember. It just seems that every team had brownies and RKT. Last year our brownies barely sold.

cakemeasIam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemeasIam Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 7

we are doing "frosting shots" at ours...tint the icing pink or lavendar or whatever color would go with your theme. have 3 different flavors. we sell for 50 cents...and its a huge hit!

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 7

i have done cakes for 3 different RFL bake sales they held at our local walmart. one was at easter so i made an easter basket cake. another one, they wanted the items to have some sort of pink on it, that would be the snickerdoodle cake with the pink ribbon in my pics. and i also made 2 cakes for one of their sales. one was a ladybug and the other was a butterfly. cupcakes sell well, b/c they can sell them individually. same with RKT or brownies. but if you make 12 cupcakes and sell them for a 50 cents a piece, you only make $6. for a cake that draws attention to it, they can pull of $25 easy. hope this helps you....summery cakes would probably sell well this time of year. thumbs_up.gif

cricket0616 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 7

cakemeasIam - what do you serve the shots in? [/code]

cakemeasIam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemeasIam Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 10:20pm
post #7 of 7

we put them in the mini tester cups- they are available in paper and plastic and a variety of sizes but we used the smallest one.

my only suggestion is have your bags filled prior to the event so all you have to do fill the cups there. i made the mistake on time of trying to fill the pastry bag at the venue...what a mess- and no where to wash your hands. but it was a huge success!! good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%