Green And Pink?

Decorating By TickleMySweetTooth Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 7:32pm by TickleMySweetTooth

TickleMySweetTooth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TickleMySweetTooth Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 8

Hey all,
So I have left over icing.. I have some plain white.. green.. and pink..
If I mix would it make purple.. or brown?

7 replies
SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 8

I would think brown. Green and pink does not make purple.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 8

really depends on the shades of the pink and green and also the amount of each that you add.........you could get anything from a brown, to a mauve, to a purple!

dk. purple and electric orange makes a beautiful mauve by the way lol

just mix a tiny bit of each together and see what you get, you might be surprised!

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 8

red and green are complimentary colors, colors opposite on the color wheel, therefore they will make brown. Pink and light green are tints of red and green and will yeild a tan/brown, it depends on the intensity of the green and pink. the lighter the intensity, the lighter the brown, the darker, the more intense, the darker the brown.

Majie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Majie Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 8

You will only get a perfect purple from red and blue. If i were you i would use green to make leaves, as you can use them later. Then, if you need a purple, add red to the pink you already have and add your blue. As for white, keep it until you have some project to work on.

TickleMySweetTooth Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 8

thanks I will mix a tiny bit and see icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 7:09pm
post #7 of 8

I wouldn't mix them together. You would get some shade of brown. Green and pink, however, look great against each other. I'd just save the icing for another project, or use them up on a pretty spring cake.

TickleMySweetTooth Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 7:32pm
post #8 of 8

thanks I ended up mixing the pink with white and added some blue coloring.. made a really pretty purple.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%