Help! Designer's Block, Need Inspiration!

Decorating By AnaToplin Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 6:32pm by AnaToplin

AnaToplin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnaToplin Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 3

Hello, all and thanks for reading: I was asked to do a Bridal Shower cake for a Garden Themed party. The bride wants a Teal color cake with butterflies and orchids, but does not want any pink or purple in the cake. She wants the cake to be the "ice breaker" or conversation piece. I have drawn up about five of my own sketches, and have looked throught the many beautiful designs on here- but I am feeling pressure b/c she wants it to be "the main event" so to speak. I was going for something simple and elegant. I was thinking 3 tiers with the teal going from dark to light from bottom up, small golden butterflies and white orchids. But not sure if that will be too simple. How do I incorporate the garden theme? Just with the orchids? I have asked for more imput from her, but I am not getting many answers and she says she trusts me creativity. OY! Any ideas, suggestions? The cake is for mid May so I have some time. But I'd like to be at peace with this. Thanks for any advice!!

2 replies
mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 3

You may want to consider moving this thread to the Cake Ideas! section of the forum, you may get more responses there

AnaToplin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnaToplin Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks, Mayo2222, I thought I was, LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%