Tip For Unexpensive Stamens For You

Decorating By DALIG Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 12:02am by poohsmomma

DALIG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DALIG Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 2

I guess some of you know this but i just want to share this with all of you. I love making flowers but the small head stamens are like 4.10 for a little bunch and i use them a lot so i read in the tutorial at duskyrosepetals in uk, with a little change that i made, that you can make your own and u need to try it is very unexpensive.

So the thing is you just need a roll of white cotton thread and some aunt jemima corn meal and spray non-toxic glue.
Now you start spinning the thread around your fingers (# of fingers depend on the lenght that you want the stamen) than cut the thread on one side and either you spray some glue in the middle for them to stay together or you tie a knot, now when the glue is dry spray a little glue in the tip of your bunch of thread and very carefully so that the threads dont stick together and dip it in the corn meal do the same to the other side and there you have it, i would ve up loaded some pictures but my computer is to slow to do it but it is pretty easy and you will get the hang of it.
Hope this was helpful to you as it was to me.

1 reply
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 12:02am
post #2 of 2

Thanks for the tip! Sounds pretty easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%