I Am Sooo Angry !!!

Decorating By grama_j Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 12:46am by cownsj

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 72

I could spit !!
This morning, I placed an order at Cakes and Things for 3 candy molds...... Went through all the ordering process, etc...... they sent an e-mail that said I would recieve another e-mail shortly that would confirm my order..... Then they sent that one, and confirmed it...... ( what a waste of time)...... they confirmed the order was paid in full, and they would be shipping it out soon....... THEN, I just got another e-mail that stated my order was cancelled....... no reason.... just cancelled....... I try logging on to my account, it won't take my e-mail OR password....... soooo...... I call the company, and after a LONG runaround, they connect me with a guy named Clark...... "CLARK" says " Do you remember where the box was that said " any comments" ? I said yes...... he stated that I said the shipping was very high for only 3 plastic molds...... ( the order was $ 5.98...... the shipping brought the order up to $ 11.98 ) I said yes I did say that...... I did not yell, or become obnoxious, or anything..... I stated " the shipping is very high for such a small order"....... He then states that THAT is why my order was cancelled......... they don't HAVE to serve coustomers "LIKE YOU"....... it is our perogitive to serve anyone we wish, and we do NOT wish to serve YOU! "By now he is yelling at me, and I haven't said a WORD to him......... I will NEVER deal with them again...... and I would advise any of you to think twice before you do..........

Thanks for letting me vent.......

71 replies
Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 72

Wow!! Thanks for the heads up. They need some serious customer service training.

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 72

Wow!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 72

Check back with them this time next year and see if they are still in business. That's NO reason to cancel someone's order.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 72

Wow that is such bad customer service I don't know what to say icon_sad.gif

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 72

Wow, that is absolutely unbelievable! I've never heard of this company, but if I ever do and ever have the need to place an order with them, I won't. I cannot believe a business would cancel an order because of a customer comment! Seriously, are they being run by a bunch or witchy teenagers? Thanks for the heads up and sorry you had such a horrible experience. (And I agree with you that $6.00 shipping for such a light item is silly!)

lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:09pm
post #7 of 72

If they would only think about the fallout of such a incident with a customer, I think they would be a little nicer. In these day of computers and how the word spreads like wildfire, especially in speciality forums such as CC, they might rethink how they talk and treat clients. I know nothing is perfect and dealing with people can be a hard thing, but you have to be really careful on how you talk to customers. You would think with things being as they are they would want the business to stay good, there are alot of cake places to buy products from. Sorry to hear this thumbsdown.gif

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:11pm
post #8 of 72

Well, I wont be ordering from them.

yeastconfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yeastconfection Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:12pm
post #9 of 72

Google Cakes and Things + complaints.....you are not the first!!!

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:15pm
post #10 of 72

This is the 2nd complaint about them I read here. And I'm sure there are more. the reviews and comments on other sites are horrendous.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:25pm
post #11 of 72

I hope the owners realize what this guy is doing...maybe you should email them a link to this thread! thumbsdown.gif

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:25pm
post #12 of 72

Wow, they must be doing pretty well not to take orders because someone commented that shipping was high. Its not like you still didn't place order you were simply letting them know.

Thanks for the heads up on Cakes and Things

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:27pm
post #13 of 72

adven- I think Clark's the owner.

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:32pm
post #14 of 72

Hoo boy...they don't know how much business they might have lost because of treating one of "us" poorly! thumbsdown.gif

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:33pm
post #15 of 72

This was a subject on another forum, the owner actual "cussed" the person making the complaint out, using the "F" word and hung up on her. icon_eek.gif Her IP was then blocked so that she could not email them, and had another person try and theirs was blocked also. They are a very disreputable company, that I would not give one red cent to! icon_mad.gif

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:42pm
post #16 of 72

lol...wow, why put a comment box then?!

they are going to wonder why they're in the red next quarter...say bye-bye to your CC patrons....

Jo-melia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo-melia Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:47pm
post #17 of 72

I went to the website ( I think I had the right one!) and saw this:
"As always your suggestions are welcome. Please feel free to contact us with any suggestions or comments"
Hmmm, actually, no they're not!

I did, however, see that they are only going to stock items made in the US, that's definitely a good thing! (i'm not from the US, but I know how we feel about things that are Aussie made over here!)

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:54pm
post #18 of 72

http://alaskapride.blogspot.com/2009/06/cakes-n-things-doesnt-want-alaska.html

SERIOUSLY???!?!?!? icon_eek.gifthumbsdown.gificon_eek.gif

Really - if you don't read the whole thing just scroll down to his reply email to a customer...amazing. thumbsdown.gif

idocakes4fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idocakes4fun Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:55pm
post #19 of 72

Taken from their website: "....And of course, if you call you won't get one of those automated voice systems. There are still real people here to help you with your questions and concerns. As always your suggestions are welcome. Please feel free to contact us with any suggestions or comments...."

It sounds as though it was not a wise business decision for Clarke (listed as President of the company) to say no to the automated voice system. icon_smile.gif

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:58pm
post #20 of 72

Heehee why don't we all log onto their website and use their comments box for 'suggestions', something like:

Hey, have been browsing your site for the past few days and was about to place an order for goods totalling $$$, however, I have just heard how appallingly you treated one of my decorator friends so I have decided to give my $$$ to one of your rival companies. My suggestion - staff training in basic manners and service should help your business considerably.

icon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:05pm
post #21 of 72

Try C andy M old C entral ...... I have used them a few times, and I remember the one time they were missing something in stock I needed the guy personally called me to work out what I needed, and volunteered to ship half the order and then the other half of the order...I'm always impressed with personalized customer service so I do recommend them for candy molds...plus they have a ton of stuff.

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:14pm
post #22 of 72

I am surprised that they would cancel an order because of your comment. A USPS Priority Flat Rate Envelope costs around $5.80 to ship with delivery confirmation (boxes may be more), so I can understand why you would feel it's high because your order amount is about the same. However, I would have thought that they would either not respond to your comment and ship your order, or let you know specifically what the shipping charges entail. Some places will charge you if they supply a box and packing material (it all gets worked in to the shipping and handling).

I am sorry this happened to you. I hope you can find what you need. Have you tried Global Sugar Art? I always receive excellent customer service from them when I call.

Wishing you the best!

rlc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlc23 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:27pm
post #23 of 72

I'm so sorry you had that issue! But for my input... I had serious issues with Global Sugar Art... I was pretty upset with their crappy customer service after hearing such wonderful things about them here.

tsc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsc Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:33pm
post #24 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Try C andy M old C entral ...... I have used them a few times, and I remember the one time they were missing something in stock I needed the guy personally called me to work out what I needed, and volunteered to ship half the order and then the other half of the order...I'm always impressed with personalized customer service so I do recommend them for candy molds...plus they have a ton of stuff.

actually per several comments on the alaska article that's actually the same company. they apparently started using another name due to all the bad press on the original one.

tsc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsc Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:33pm
post #25 of 72

oops. posted twice due to computer error.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:37pm
post #26 of 72

It is the same company!

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/candy-mold-central-c196330.html

I seriously can't see how this guy stays in business! I actually emailed this company last week to find a certain mold. They wrote back and said they didn't carry it but would check with another company they use. Never heard back. So glad he never WROTE back!

julia77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia77 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:42pm
post #27 of 72

How totally.................bizarre! It would be funny if it wasn't so WRONG!!!!

I'd say this Clark guy just has too much money if he blocks IP's for "browsing and not buying". Shocking!

cakesbymindysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymindysue Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:45pm
post #28 of 72

Kitagrl, I'm surprised you've had such service with C andy M old C entral, they are the same company. The website even right out calls them "A Cakes 'N Things Website." According to the article posted by jadedlogic they won't deliver to Alaska, but their website says they will ship internationally, wouldn't Alaska be easier? Also if you scroll down to the bottom of any page on their website it shows you IP address. In the FAQ it says they will cancel any order for any reason they deem relevant.

They have closed their storefront, maybe the website will soon follow?

Katie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie1985 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:55pm
post #29 of 72

unbelievable! thanks for the heads, will make sure i never do business with them!!!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:57pm
post #30 of 72

I took your advice and looked them up on the internet..... I cannot eblieve they are wstill in business..

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/candy-mold-central-c196330.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%