How Do You Mold A Dr. Seuss Hat Out Of Rkt?

Decorating By Genel Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 1:44am by mamawrobin

Genel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Genel Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 12:27am
post #1 of 4

I've never used RKT before and would like to know how to mold a Dr. Seuss hat out of it. Please help?..

3 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:29am
post #2 of 4

I've never used rtk to mold a Dr. Seuss hat (made mine out of cake) but I have used rtk to mold other things. I just wanted to say to be sure and crush your rice crispies very fine so that you will have a smoother finish to cover with fondant. I'm just assuming that you will be covering the hat with fondant icon_razz.gif Anyway that is a little piece of advise I wish that I'd have known before I tried to do anything using rtk. If you don't crush them very fine before you make them you'll have a very rough surface.

How big of a hat are you going to make?

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:41am
post #3 of 4

I usually just try to also put enough frosting around the RKT to cover up any lumps....I don't crush mine...someone told me it would make it more heavy...not sure tho.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:44am
post #4 of 4

Yeah...I thought about that (it being heavy) because it does make them a little more dense. That's why I ask how big she was planning on making the hat. icon_smile.gif

It really doesn't make it that much heavier but something like a hat you may not worry so much about whether or not it's all that smooth.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%