Need Some Help/advice On Scallops

Decorating By customcakes_stamford Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 12:01am by customcakes_stamford

customcakes_stamford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
customcakes_stamford Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 8

I have an order to make a birthday cake for a 2 yr old similar to the pic attached. I was wondering how i can do the scalloped / curve design on the pink fondant? are there cutters available or this needs to be done by hand?
not done this before and i definitely dont want it looking messy! Looking for some great advice/suggestions! thanks in advance.
LL

7 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 8

I would cut the fondant to the length and width needed, then make the scallops with a large circle cutter. Roll it up and then unroll as you apply it to the cake, to keep it from stretching out of shape.

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:00am
post #3 of 8

ditto. Have fun!

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:06am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I would cut the fondant to the length and width needed, then make the scallops with a large circle cutter. Roll it up and then unroll as you apply it to the cake, to keep it from stretching out of shape.

this is what I was thinking as well.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 8

a lot of people use a piece of paper fold it and cut the edges and use as a pattern to follow

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 6:03am
post #6 of 8

That is too sweet! I have a cutter that does that pattern... but you can do it like the others above posted for sure. Post pics.... would love to see your version!

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 7:07pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Exactly the way I did it, Good Luck!!!

customcakes_stamford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
customcakes_stamford Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:01am
post #8 of 8

thank you everyone! I cut the fondant to the desired length and width and used round cutters. although i still think i could have done it a lil better...but here's the final pic.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%