How Do I Make A Wine Bottle Cake?

Decorating By princesscatt Updated 18 Apr 2010 , 10:22pm by HauteCoutureCookies

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 4

Was asked to make a wine bottle cake...how do I even start making the wine bottle? Do you use cake?

3 replies
Bella-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bella-cakes Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 4

I'm making one this week and I plan to make the bottle out of gumpaste by laying the g/p over a real bottle and letting it dry and the crate will be the cake..HTH

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 4

I made one quite a while ago..I think the instructions were from Confetti cakes and I used cake...use foamcore for the base..and carve it to the shape of the bottle size you want...then slowly not taking too much at a time, carve a filled and very cold rectangle into the shape of the bottle.
Make the neck of the bottle thinner than you would normally..that goes for the entire bottle because once you get the fondant on, it'll be much fatter looking.
I painted the fondant navy/dark green mixed with alcohol and it looked like a good bottle colour.
I used an edible image for the label and made the neck label thing from gumpaste/fondant mix..
It was supposed to be in a box filled with straw...and that I made from cake/ gumpaste/fondant "wood" and you could pipe or cut yellow fondant for the straw..
Dowel it for sure..hahah
HTH
icon_biggrin.gif

HauteCoutureCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HauteCoutureCookies Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 10:22pm
post #4 of 4

I got instructions for the one I made from SugarEd Productions by Sharon Zambito. Like Bella_cakes it was with gumpaste laid over a wine bottle. Check out her site. It's a very detailed tutorial with good pics. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%