Agbay Lever.. Is T As Easy As Shown Here??

Decorating By LuvLyrics Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 7:15am by redpanda

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:02pm
post #31 of 40

At the top of the website is a tab "order form", that's where you order it.

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 12:52am
post #32 of 40
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:02am
post #33 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLyrics

Here a the link for agbay, I saw a post about it the other day, and I was wondering if it's really that easy to level the cakes? I am using Wilton right now, and I don't get the result I want.. icon_sad.gif ...

TFL
Anna

Link to agbay

http://www.agbayproducts.com/

No, it's EASIER!!! icon_biggrin.gif BEST investment I ever made! thumbs_up.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:05am
post #34 of 40

You actually have to fax the order or order by phone. They aren't set up for internet order icon_sad.gif

maddyscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddyscreations Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:11am
post #35 of 40

I am ordering mine tomorrow and can't wait, I have been wanting one for years. I just cant spend another wedding season dealing with the wilton leveler I never got a straight cut with their large or small one.

LuvLyrics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuvLyrics Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:21am
post #36 of 40

Thank you ladies !!!! time to invest in good things... that works !!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:25am
post #37 of 40

I bought mine last year (every year I allow one big ticket item) and the Agbay was last year's big purchase. I bought it just before a huge wedding cake and honestly, it's the best investment I've ever made. I had wanted one for years and started saving up for it and I had decided I would buy it before the next huge wedding cake (Megan's cake in my pix) -- and it cuts like a hot knife through butter. It doesn't bounce or jiggle or anything. Really it's amazing. I can't say enough good things about it. I got the double bladed one (more $$$) but it was worth it because I sometimes do 3 inch cakes and torte them. If you don't spend any money on anything but one big item, buy the Agbay. The customer service is fabulous too! icon_biggrin.gif

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 5:41am
post #38 of 40

Yippee!!! DH is getting me one for Mother's Day. That beats the jewelry from the children's section (didn't realize that there was children's jewelry in the store) he gave me our first Mother's Day as parents. It was pretty and all, but somehow the scale was off for an adult. (Can you say choker?)

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 12:54pm
post #39 of 40

Is it a bit sad that I wish I were pregnant right now to qualify for a Mother's Day gift? lol Maybe next year. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, I've officially notified DH that this would fall under the "OMG I REALLY WANT ONE FOR CAKE DECORATING" list. I'm definitely a hobby baker, so it hasn't really been on my radar. And I wasn't totally sold on the idea until I saw the videos and realized how much time it would save me while decorating.

My birthday is in July. I figured it's cheaper than the iPod he wanted to get me (I bought it myself last week, lol).

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 7:15am
post #40 of 40

My Agbay was delivered yesterday, but I had nothing to try it out on. I baked a cake we didn't need tonight, just to be able to level and torte it. DH let me level the cake, but then it was his turn to play. He cut off a 1/4" layer, just so see if he could. (I didn't let him do what he wanted, which was cut the whole thing into 1/4 layers.) The verdict is...it was as easy as shown in the video.

My son said that it seemed to work beautifully for a simple spice cake, but he thinks I should make something more challenging, like a chocolate-chocolate chip cake. Smart boy.

Now I just need to figure out where to keep this wonderful new cake tool.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%