How To Store Decorated Cake??

Decorating By Carla9900 Updated 18 Apr 2010 , 5:02am by Brendabeeper

Carla9900 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carla9900 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 9

I am putting together a 6" and 9" round tiered cake. However after it's been decorated with buttercream and fondant accents, I'm unsure as to how to store it until it's delivered the next morning.

Any pointers would help tremendously...thanks!!

Happy Decorating!

8 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 9

I use a white cake box and a lid to store my decorated cakes. For stacked cakes I use a box for stacked cakes. You can store like this if the cake doesn't need to go in the fridge.

Carla9900 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:48am
post #3 of 9

I was just at my local cake store tonight, and I didn't see any boxes that were made for stacked cakes.....I don't think I have ever seen that actually. DO you order yours locally?

Thanks.

Carla9900 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:49am
post #4 of 9

I was just at my local cake store tonight, and I didn't see any boxes that were made for stacked cakes.....I don't think I have ever seen that actually. DO you order yours locally?

Thanks.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 2:13am
post #5 of 9

BakeryCrafts makes the boxes for stacked cakes. You have to have a wholesale account to order from them direct, but your cake supplies shop probably orders from them. You could ask them to order some for you.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 8:04am
post #6 of 9

Hi, Country Kitchen Sweetart has the white boxes. But not sure about the boxes for stacked cakes. You can check with them.

http://countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?ShopId=38&CatId=538&SubCatId=81

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 8:13am
post #7 of 9

I just use a brown box from Wal Mart. I can't afford those pretty white boxes for stacked cakes. Sometimes if I want to make an impression I'll wrap it with pretty paper.

Nacnacweazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nacnacweazel Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 9:29am
post #8 of 9

I always stack my cakes on site, so I just store the individual cakes in their own boxes. I don't trust myself to trasport a stacked cake.

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 5:02am
post #9 of 9

I like to store my finished cakes ( including the tiered ones) by using a new clean clear storage tote . I place the lid on the table, a cake board on tpof the lid, put the cake on top of that and put the storage box over the cake. I can actually see my cake to enjoy them before the delivery or pick up. I even let them take that home and others can see without opening the (box) . Keeps cakes fresh also. Alsoit it is a large cake 3 or more tiers you can get a storage box from the hardware store very cheap ( in new mint condition)

I love the idea the someone prev stated they wraped the box for a nice presentation!

see photos
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%