What To Charge For Cakeballs?

Business By Sillyred Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 1:30pm by Minstrelmiss

Sillyred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sillyred Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 36

So I've been asked to make cakeballs on sticks for a bridal shower....not sure quantity yet. Any idea of what to charge for something like this? They are going to be simple cakeballs...no fancy decorations.
Thanks in advance!

35 replies
Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 36

Hi Sillyred, I charge between 75 cents and 1.50 each for my cake truffles...my husband laughs too muh if I call them cake balls icon_razz.gif HTH!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 36

I charge $15/doz without the sticks

Mindy1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mindy1975 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:05pm
post #4 of 36

lol I know. " cake balls" I also charge $15 a dozen. I think that's a pretty fair price.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 36

I charge $15 for 2 DZ. I know that's not that much but it really doesnt take much of my time to make them. LOL

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 36

If they are for shower favors am I correct in assuming they will be individually wrapped and tied with ribbon? as well as the sticks. I think the $15 a dozen price is ok for unwrapped but for favors I would go with individual pricing in the 1.50-$2. per each depending on size.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:40pm
post #7 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmom

If they are for shower favors am I correct in assuming they will be individually wrapped and tied with ribbon? as well as the sticks. I think the $15 a dozen price is ok for unwrapped but for favors I would go with individual pricing in the 1.50-$2. per each depending on size.

Ditto!

alvarezmom Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:47pm
post #8 of 36

Does every one use a cookie dough scooper to make the ball? LOL I'm sorry I'm like the rest of ya'lls husbands and laugh at saying balls! LOL It's Friday...

Auntie_RaRa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie_RaRa Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:52pm
post #9 of 36

I use cookie dough scooper for my bites. I have different sizes because when I first started I couldn't make up my mind. But, I use my smallest size when I do bridal shows and my largest for orders. The one I use for orders, I got from pampered chef and my smallest from our local cake store.

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:52pm
post #10 of 36

Sorry, nothing to add to topic but glad to hear I'm not the only one married to a 12 year old....I had to start calling them truffles too icon_biggrin.gif

alvarezmom Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:54pm
post #11 of 36

I'm a 12 yr old some times smokey!!! LOL

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:00pm
post #12 of 36

I've been trying to get everyone to call them Cruffles!

Help me out!

cupcakeatheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeatheart Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:04pm
post #13 of 36

I charge $16/dz in a gift box and $25/dz if they are special shapes, like baby chicks. All my prices are on my website

alvarezmom Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:15pm
post #14 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeatheart

I charge $16/dz in a gift box and $25/dz if they are special shapes, like baby chicks. All my prices are on my website

Ok, 1st off, the cake on your homepage is SOOOOO freaking BEAUTIFUL!!!! OMG the cruffles ( thumbs_up.gif Leah) give it such a nice touch!

cupcakeatheart Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:25pm
post #15 of 36

Thanks alvarezmom! That was a dummy I made for the home page...now if I could just sell one. I was in a big debate whether to call them cruffles or cake truffles, but no one hear has ever heard of them sooo cake truffles worked better.

Mindy1975 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:53pm
post #16 of 36

How bout' them cake balls y'all? them cake balls sure do taste good! lol Whoooooo Wheeeeeee ! Look at the size of them there cake balls on the counter there! She sure do know how to make them there cake balls just right! lol ..............

OR..........
Pardon me.......your Cruffles are absolutely divine! I have never experienced such a delicate flavor of pure bliss until I tasted your Cruffles today! Absolutely the best companion to my afternoon tea! You have definetily mastered the art of the Cruffle! ............

Gotta love my split personality! lol

alvarezmom Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:59pm
post #17 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy1975

How bout' them cake balls y'all? them cake balls sure do taste good! lol Whoooooo Wheeeeeee ! Look at the size of them there cake balls on the counter there! She sure do know how to make them there cake balls just right! lol ..............

OR..........
Pardon me.......your Cruffles are absolutely divine! I have never experienced such a delicate flavor of pure bliss until I tasted your Cruffles today! Absolutely the best companion to my afternoon tea! You have definetily mastered the art of the Cruffle! ............

Gotta love my split personality! lol

icon_lol.gif You crack me up!!! icon_lol.gif

leah_s Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:33pm
post #18 of 36

As far as I know, I made up "Cruffles." And if someone else was first with it, then my apologies.

Mindy1975 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:44pm
post #19 of 36

Oh, Leah, I hope you didn't think I was making fun of the name Cruffles. I was just joking about how hick sounding "cake balls " can sound sometimes. And believe me this is coming from a true redneck. icon_smile.gif

KimberlysKakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimberlysKakery Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 4:02pm
post #20 of 36

I have been calling them Cake Bites as my husband also makes fun of the balls! icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 4:12pm
post #21 of 36

Oh No Mindy, I didn't think that at all. I was just establishing my rights to the name. ::laughs hysterically with all the copyright crap that's been circulating lately.::

Let's see . . . ::taps side of head:: the first time I used the term "Cruffles" was . . . let me think . . . yes! July 14, 1872. That should make me the first to use it.

BWHAHAHAHA

Meagazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagazz Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 4:19pm
post #22 of 36

Hi everyone! This topic is right up my alley! I am currently getting my hands into cake TRUFFLES (I am also all of 12 and giggle when calling them cake balls) and am trying to come up with my price list!

A lot of people around here (Alberta) seem to sell them $24/dozen and even though I want to be competitive with the others out there, I don't want people to think they are too expensive! Right now my price would be $24/dozen but it also includes them to be boxed and bowed.

What do you all think? As well, I make my truffles roughly the size of a golf ball!

Thanks!

sweettooth88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth88 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:22pm
post #23 of 36

leah hope you dont mind i call them cruffles also!! i live in west texas so if i say cake balls everyone laughs. so cruffles it is!!!!

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:31pm
post #24 of 36

leah, i love the name "cruffles"...i just can't bring myself to call them cake balls anymore after this conversation!

joyfullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullysweet Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:36pm
post #25 of 36

Ha! That's nothing. My husband always gets them confused with "buckeyes" (those round, chocolate-covered peanut butter things), so he now calls my cake "truffles" buck nuts! lmao

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 7:15pm
post #26 of 36

Joyfullysweet that's an even better name. How dare you marry a minor? lol My Dh's the same childish way. (me too sometimes, lol)

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 8:46pm
post #27 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

I've been trying to get everyone to call them Cruffles!

Help me out!

I started calling them cruffles a long time ago because you started calling them cruffles in the forums! It just sounds SO MUCH better! icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 11:31pm
post #28 of 36

I call them cake truffles and sell them for $.50/each $6/doz. and so far have 1 person that orders them fairly regularly I have about 20 different flavors.......and roughly the size of a walnut!

cupcakeatheart Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 2:17pm
post #29 of 36

I just got an order for 20 dz next week!!! I'm thinking say a little prayer and get in the kitchen

Meagazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagazz Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 2:39pm
post #30 of 36

That is great news, Cupcakeatheart! Best of luck with it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%