Cricut Cake And Fondant

Decorating By kake4me2 Updated 14 Apr 2010 , 10:47pm by sgraff

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 6

I am considering buying this, I am a hobby baker. I use fondant mostly (not gum paste) Can this cricut cut fondant? How thin do you have to roll it and is it a hassel to place on the mat and get off? Can I use perfection strips to getit to the right height? Also, Can you cut more than one item on the mat or do you have to keep re rolling??

Thanks For your help!

5 replies
dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 6

I would check out Jennifer Atwood's blog. She has done a tremendous job analyzing fondant, gum paste and even cheese!

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 6

how do I find her blog?

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 6

I watched HSN last night for a bit when they featured the Cricuit Cake. They said to freeze the fondant for an hour before cutting it and also to apply crisco ( white shortening) to the board with a pastry brush before adhering the fondant.

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 6

I ordered an expression, took it out of box, cut Wilton fondant never have had a problem. I use KA pasta roller, put fondant between two sheets of stiff plastic coated with crisco, put in storage bag over night, and cut away next day. Have cut letters down to 3/4 with shadows, please don't let this jinx me, It would take me awhile to figure out what to change if I need to icon_rolleyes.gif

sgraff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgraff Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 10:47pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kake4me2

how do I find her blog?

www.cuttingedgecakeart.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%