Giving Props To Hubby's Hand Painting Skills!

Decorating By dalis4joe Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 4:13am by dalis4joe

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 1:01pm
post #1 of 37

Hi my fellow CC'ers....

I just HAD to share this with you because I personally believe that if you can hand paint on a cake.... and make it look amazing... u r just super talented...

Well story goes.... we were trying to stencil purple on a white cake... and it was a first for us... so hubby starts looking after we took the stencil off.. and he feels the corners are... well... kinda need the pattern to go around the corner also... but because of the material of the stencil and the lotsa (hehehe) corners on a hexa cake... we couldn't use it... so he says to me: "I think I can hand paint it".
I look him... like... yeah right... so I go downstairs for a few... and I get back... and look at the pic.... HE DID IT!! I couldn't even tell which was the stencil and which was the hand painted....

I just needed to share this because I am amazed and how good he did it AND now I will be using HIS SKILLS for more cakes...

Enjoy
LL

36 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 37

Very nice!!!!! You are very lucky to have him help you!!!

My hub helps me too but his help is limited to being delivery boy, errands-doer, and sometimes cleanup and basic stand-building. icon_biggrin.gif

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 1:18pm
post #3 of 37

Wow! He did an amazing job!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 37

Great job! You might have to hire him out.

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 1:39pm
post #5 of 37

wow!!! when you do a square cake that he paints, maybe he could paint a square box forthe customer as a keepsake. (of course that would cost extra)

dalis4joe Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 1:54pm
post #6 of 37

tiggerjo....that a great idea.....

Kitagirl.... we need to be proud that they are willing to help.... 'cause I know someone that own her shop has no employees... and her DH can see her swamped with cake orders and deliveries and he won't lift a finger to help...

I knew u guys would appreciate this lol... I wish I could hand paint... ~sigh~

EmilysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilysCakes Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 1:59pm
post #7 of 37

That is great! Don't you love it when hubbies help! This past weekend I woke my husband up at 2am to help me put in the poles on a wrestling ring cake I was working on. He always offers to help. I call him my "cake engineer"!

dalis4joe Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:01pm
post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilysCakes

That is great! Don't you love it when hubbies help! This past weekend I woke my husband up at 2am to help me put in the poles on a wrestling ring cake I was working on. He always offers to help. I call him my "cake engineer"!

hehehe.... yeah I love it!! and it's a great bonding time... I like how we can joke around and chit chat when he is helping me... of course now he has an ego boost so now he says I'm the assistant lol

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:01pm
post #9 of 37

cudos to hubby!! great job

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:04pm
post #10 of 37

So great he helped you. Great paint job. Hmmm do you have other assignments lined up for him yet?

nicole0425 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicole0425 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:06pm
post #11 of 37

He did a great job!! Way to go! thumbs_up.gif

dalis4joe Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:09pm
post #12 of 37

aquamom.... my head is going a mile a minute thinking of the things he can do for me now hehehehe

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:33pm
post #13 of 37

WOW! My mouth dropped! :] How great! It looks stenciled! I wonder if he knows what he's signed up for now that you've unlocked his hidden talent ;] hehe

dalis4joe Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 6:35pm
post #14 of 37

lol Jae.... I just finished covering a 3 ytier round with MMF and called him at qork and told him... an dhe's like... I thought we were only doing 2 dummy cakes for the bridal show?... and I was like.. well after seeing what U can do.... we are going to make that 3!! I have 3 designs that I want him t pick from lol cause I will be featuring a hand painted cake on the show hehehehe

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 6:48pm
post #15 of 37

Dang!! Can I hire him for my painted cakes??? icon_lol.gif

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:42pm
post #16 of 37

Aw how sweet that you guys get to decorate together! :] I love that he is getting into your passions with you! My hubby helped me with a cake this past month for our son so I know how much fun that can be! :]

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 8:11pm
post #17 of 37

Very good job, I'm lucky to have a very talented husband also, sure does make life simpler.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 8:14pm
post #18 of 37

Beautiful job!!! You make a great team! thumbs_up.gif

dalis4joe Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 4:22am
post #19 of 37

Hi My Cake Lovers...

Well... Well... Look at what I got him doing!!!!!! I saw it and I said to him... I wish you could do something like that... he was like... I can... I was like... nahhh it's too hard... but it's okay we can't be able to do everything!!! hehehehehe

I covered the cake.... which BTW has flawless fondant ! I loved how perfectly smooth the fondant came out on this.... the secret to my MMF from now on... GLYCERIN!!!!

Anyways... whatcha think?!?!?!?!
LL

Meagan84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagan84 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 4:47am
post #20 of 37

Wow! icon_surprised.gif What a talented duo you two are! I've recently started trying to hand paint cakes, it's tricky. What do y'all use to paint the fondant? Your yellow flower cake is gorgeous. It looks like it should be in a magazine!

Odyssey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Odyssey Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 4:49am
post #21 of 37

Amazing, especially that he is willing to help. I suppose we can look forward to more from him? icon_wink.gif Congrats to everyone who has willing helpers around them.

My intended is interested in helping with my next set of fondant figures since he used to do clay work. Hopefully he will stay interested since I would love to sell one day and will likely need all the help I can get ^-^

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 4:58am
post #22 of 37

Oh shiz! That's amazing...it looks just like the one on the right!!

Also, how much glycerin do you add and what brand if you don't mind me asking?

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 5:45am
post #23 of 37

Okay I'm officially jealous now! My next hubby WILL be a decorator! LOL

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 6:17am
post #24 of 37

HOLY COW thats beautiful..... heeeeeey.... I cant get my hubby to pick up his socks..... now I have to go wake him up and point this picture out to him...*LOL*

dalis4joe Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 7:34am
post #25 of 37

Bfisher2 LMBOOOOOO too funny... u r making me laugh so hard here...

Odyseyy: if ur hubby used to work wiyth clay....u my friend are set.... cause clay crafters are amazing at modeling...so I urge u to give him some sugar paste and you will be braggin' like me lol....

as far as the glycerin on my MMF...

I will get my "super proffesional" crappy notebook sull of my "GO TO"'s lol and I will post it here.... I think it was originally 4 tablespoons of water and I changed it to
3 tablespoons + 1 tablespoons of glycerin.... I will post the whole recipe though

I'm telling u... works so good... I "nuke" it before I start.... for a little bit just to get it soft... then I keand it... and start rolling and the consistency has been so nice.. I used to get elephant skin with SI all the time... but since I started doing this.... I am a new NNF beleiver now lol...

I actually posted my SI elephant sking problem and someone advised me that they heard somewhere about the glycerin, and I was so frustrated that I was willing to try anything at that point... so I did and voala!

tron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tron Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 8:25am
post #26 of 37

Oh that cake is AMAZING!!! You are very lucky and blessed to have a husband that not only shares your passion, but has the patience for it. Great job to the both of you.

Nacnacweazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nacnacweazel Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 9:39am
post #27 of 37

WOW! Very nice job. Chalk up one for the men! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Bel_Anne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bel_Anne Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 10:14am
post #28 of 37

Painting's fantastic.. My fiance is hopeless at anything arty.. or building anything.. so he can't even help by making my boards, haha. I WISH he could! Or was even interested... pfft. haha

For those of you buying glycerine, make sure it's a food safe one! Apparently there's a kind of glycerine that isn't... at least in Australia, anyway. And yes, it works a treat.

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 11:11am
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalis4joe

aquamom.... my head is going a mile a minute thinking of the things he can do for me now hehehehe

lol! love it! he did a great job! icon_biggrin.gif

dalis4joe Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 11:32am
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy383

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalis4joe

lol! love it! he did a great job! icon_biggrin.gif

lol Look at page 2... I already gave him another cake to do hehehe... he is starting to like this (as he calls it) "cakin Biz"! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%