Sugarpaste Recipe Using Uk Products?

Baking By Beth51 Updated 15 Apr 2010 , 7:52pm by rainbow_kisses

Beth51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beth51 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:23am
post #1 of 3

Could any of the UK based girls give me a recipe for sugarpaste to make little flowers, leaves, hearts etc to decorate my cupcakes?

I have been to the suppliers and bought tiny cutters that I needed but I haven't a clue as to the best way to make the icing? I've clicked on a couple of posts here but the products I've read about are in the US?

From what I've read I think I need to mix something in with the icing sugar along with egg white but I don't know what it is I need to buy? Sorry to be a nuisance asking questions all the time but hope you can help?

Many thanks, Beth xxx

2 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 11:41am
post #2 of 3

i dont have any recipes handy, but the ingredients mentioned in the us ones are findable in the uk, you might have to look harder though or order online depending on where you live. sainsburys tends to be reliable.

personally, i just buy my fondant! more expensive, btu easier and more suitable for me.

also, check out your local library - most will have a couple of cake books which will include recipes in grams and ounces.
xx

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 3

I will PM you a recipe for flower paste and one for fondant/sugarpaste. All of the items are available in the UK.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%