Ouch, That Hurts....my Ego!

Decorating By mireillea Updated 17 Apr 2010 , 4:10pm by Ruth0209

pearlydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pearlydi Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 7:32pm
post #31 of 123

Your cakes are beautiful!!! Her loss!!!! Sometimes people look at our cakes and they don't know what we are capable to do and create!! Chin up!! You have a talent and your cakes look professional!!!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 7:39pm
post #32 of 123

Whats she smokin, Your cakes are lovely and i would be booked if/when she comes and asks if you still would like to do the cake. She has no idea what a generous gift you offered them.

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 7:43pm
post #33 of 123

Oh well - their loss. Your cakes are gorgeous especially your flower work - really love that wedding cake with the purple flowers thumbs_up.gif

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 7:45pm
post #34 of 123

I don't think this cousin is anyone you need to see anytime soon... you don't need to waste the time on a fool.

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 7:49pm
post #35 of 123

Kristen - I have a suggestion if you haven't already done this. I noticed that on your web site you don't yet have any of the beautiful wedding cakes that you have posted on our CC profile. Maybe if they saw some of those wedding cake photos they might have second thoughts (???)

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 7:49pm
post #36 of 123

I agree with Khalstead...wait till they get the "professional's" bill! icon_wink.gif

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 7:54pm
post #37 of 123

Why do people have to be so rude? I think they must have already had other arrangements for the cake--yours are so gorgeous nobody in their right mind would turn down your generous offer.

I hoep you get to go to the wedding and see how the cake did turn out that they picked...I want to see it too!

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 8:22pm
post #38 of 123

For not being able to read anything on your website I was able to make my way to the wedding gallery just fine AND saw some amazing wedding cakes.

This cousin of yours sounds very rude and STUCK UP!! Some needs to remove the pole that is stuck up her you-know-what!!! For real!

It's hard hearing that your cakes arent professional enough. But your's look AMAZING! Your website layout is very nice..nicer than some of the well known cake decorators.

I'd like to see this cousin's wedding cake!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 8:23pm
post #39 of 123

Scratching my head here...your cakes are wonderfully PROFESSIONAL! Obviously someone is baring her bridezilla persona. Sorry this happened to you. Don't worry your work is spectacular! Definitely HER loss!

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 8:29pm
post #40 of 123

eww! wow, your cakes are gorgeous..maybe by "professional" she meant sophisticated? Your cakes are more whimsical and beautiful, maybe she was thinking simple and older-style?

Not sure but I offered the same thing to our good friends...I was so excited b/c I thought I had the prefect opportunity, and they kindly turned me down for a family member who owned a bakery...ahh well in the end I realized their taste/style was completely diff than mine and they were the ones who missed out!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 8:30pm
post #41 of 123

Wow, just wow. I really expected to find less than perfect cakes, but when I looked at your website I was amazed at how jaw dropping beautiful your cakes are. They are either looked at the wrong website, are insane, or are ticked at you for something and going out of their way to be rude. No matter, consider yourself lucky you aren't stuck working with someone like that. If you get invited to their wedding, decline with the excuse that you are completely booked that weekend with work (wedding cakes) and couldn't possibly take the time off work to be at their wedding. And DO NOT send a gift.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 8:33pm
post #42 of 123

good luck little bride girl trying to find a cake more beautiful or professional that yours. me thinks she will be sorely dissappointed.

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 8:35pm
post #43 of 123

icon_eek.gif

Your cakes are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I certainly hope you end up with a picture of whatever cake they do end up having - even if you are "booked" that weekend and can't make it to their wedding! I would love to see what they ended up with after turning YOU down!!!!

VNatividad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VNatividad Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 8:48pm
post #44 of 123

I cannot believe she doesn't think your cakes are amazing! There has got be something seriously wrong, she didn't look at correct website, she needs glasses, she's on drugs!!! I don't understand. Your cakes are beautiful, amazing and most definately professional. Your very talented! Brush her off, whatever!

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 8:50pm
post #45 of 123

See it this way...... she was quite obviously drunk when she looked at your web page..... your work is beautiful!!!!!

Amanda621 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda621 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 8:56pm
post #46 of 123

your cakes are gorgeous! The only think I can think of, is since she is such a distant family member, maybe she was not planning on inviting her "long lost family members" and feels that if you make the cake, she needs to invite your family to the wedding. Far fetched, I know, but I'm racking my brain trying to find a reason this crazy woman would label your cakes as "unprofessional"

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 9:09pm
post #47 of 123

Your cakes are really beautiful & the soon to be cousin-in-law is a BOOB! They'll be sorry when they get prices for the so called PROFESSIONAL cake. Their loss.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 9:17pm
post #48 of 123

Oh my!

Long before today, I have admired your work. It is consistently clean and always professional. Your website is professional looking as well. Your cousin must not have a grasp on the term "professional."

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 9:20pm
post #49 of 123

Oh my god; I honestly thought that you were just someone starting out in the wonderful world of cakes. Till I saw your pics.

I understand it is not an obligation: and that you don't have to make the cake but wow could they at least just said "Im sorry someone else is already offered to give us the cake" Gooooosh !!!!

So with that said. I hope your cousins cake looks like this and to top it off I home it falls.
LL

nwnest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nwnest Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 9:22pm
post #50 of 123

I agree with everyone else. Your cakes are beautiful, and it would have been a very special and generous gift. I'm also very curious what their idea of a professional wedding cake is.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 9:25pm
post #51 of 123

Your cakes are beautiful and even though this is a distant cousin she should have had more tact than to say she needed a more professional cake! No free cake for her!
Keep making those beautiful cakes icon_smile.gif

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 9:34pm
post #52 of 123

That is just NUTS!!! Your cakes are GORGEOUS!!

Sometimes family is just weird...

Maybe their "ego" was crushed by you offering their wedding cake as a gift ~ rather than paying for it. Although most people would jump up and grab a free (beautifully done) wedding cake - others are embarrassed at the offer. I say this simply because I have had it happen to me. I offered a cake as a gift and I was told they felt insulted...gotta be something! I just can't see how they are going to find "More professional" than your cakes. icon_biggrin.gif

artsycakes14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artsycakes14 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 9:38pm
post #53 of 123

They must have gotten the wrong web page! Your cakes are amazing!

rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 9:42pm
post #54 of 123

Ok there has to be something else to the story. I too went to your site/pics and was 1/2 expecting to see pics that were so so... but yours are fab. I would love to see what they end up going with! You will have to update after the wedding....

Other possibilities could be that they wanted a professional because their style is different then yours ? ( although you have a lot of different styles on there) they might want someone they don't know because they don't want to feel obligated - with a gift often people will want to only give it in some ways. Maybe they want to avoid any drama?

It's just bizarre and seriously very odd .....

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 9:52pm
post #55 of 123

Possible explanations for their inexplicable response:
1. They went to the wrong website.
2. WUI (web-browsing under the influence).
3. They like tacky.
4. They wanted/expected a BIG money gift from you instead of cake.
5. Mother in law wants to try out her new hobby.
6. Some evil person is impersonating your cousin online.
7. They are planning on complaining about the vendors at their reception and the perfection of your work would ruin their scheme.
8. Your cousin forgot who you are and thinks you are scamming them.
9. Temporary insanity.
10. Longer lasting insanity.

Yeah, you'll hear from them again - be busy.

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 10:12pm
post #56 of 123

Her HUGE loss. Maybe she needs glasses because your cakes are phenomenal!!!!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 10:22pm
post #57 of 123

WoW, when I read your post, I said are you fricking, kidding me you have some of the most beautiful, cakes that I have seen, and your cousin is a dummy,(Sorry) and I hope when she comes crawling back to you, you tell her no, no, no,no.

Jan14grands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jan14grands Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 10:38pm
post #58 of 123

If your cakes aren't professional, I don't know what is!!! They are beautiful.

ShanB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShanB Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 10:46pm
post #59 of 123

My dads best friend offered to get me my cake for my wedding. He was dating a caker at the time. I was thrilled. It was a simple cake but well done and tasted wonderful. I just gave her a swatch for colour and a photo of my flowers and let her go to town. I got a tasteful clean line cake and didn't have to worry about tastings, the cost of the cake etc....

I can't believe thats the response you got!

NerdyGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NerdyGirl Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 10:56pm
post #60 of 123

Now, I admit I'm pretty darn new to this whole cake decorating thing. I've watched all the cake shows: Ace of Cakes, Cake Boss, Amazing Wedding Cakes. I've poked around this site. By no means am I a professional or well versed...but I will agree with everyone else when they tell you that it's your cousin's loss! Your cakes are gorgeous!

Maybe she just needs glasses? icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%