Wheres The Best Place To Buy Cakes Boxes & Boards...for

Decorating By curlsandcrowns Updated 18 Dec 2010 , 3:42am by CWR41

curlsandcrowns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curlsandcrowns Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 8

best place to buy boxes and boards for holding even the heaviest cakes... Trying to find maybe a wholesale place. Even all supplies. I heard there are some cheaper ones other than Country Kitchen
thanks in advance

7 replies
ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 8

I started making my own cake "boards" out of particle board using a jigsaw and sanding the edges lightly. I buy sheets of particle board at my local Lowes Hardware. I try to get the boards back afterwards, but if I don't that's okay. I have also used foamcore to make by own boards for individual tiers. For cake boxes for tiered cakes I have some tiered cake boxes I purchased from Globalsugarart.com and I reuse them over and over.

If you are looking for regular cake boxes for single tier cakes, you could cut some foam core and put in the bottom of the cake box to give you added stability.

I also use non-skid matting I buy at Walmart to keep cake boards from sliding. Cheap insurance for a safe delivery.

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

KristiBrooke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristiBrooke Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 8

My problem with adding foam core under cakes, is it then makes my cake 'too tall' for the box....and I cannot close the lid without touching the top of my cake icon_eek.gif

Guess I need to find a new box vendor!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 12:34am
post #4 of 8

I do mostly 1/2 and 3/4 sheets so what I found works the best for me is to go to Sams Club and I get Top Box Bottom Box and the Board for around 47.00 So that's like 1.00 a set. I spend almost that for my 1/4 sheet boxes at Pat Catans. They also sell the plastic dome kind what they use for their stuff. What I like is both fit on the one board.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 12:34am
post #5 of 8

Bakery Crafts has some nice delivery system boxes with inserts and lids... scroll near the bottom of the page to view:
http://bakerycrafts.com/Home/Items/tabid/69/SrchStr/del%20sys/Default.aspx

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 12:48am
post #6 of 8

My virus warning just went off while trying to view that site?????????????

cindy531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy531 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 1:12am
post #7 of 8

http://plasticcontainercity.com/Cake_Board.htm

Lots of baking items...boxes, boards, etc.
Minimum $25.00 purchase required.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 3:42am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

My virus warning just went off while trying to view that site?????????????

It works fine for me. If you want to go directly to the Bakery Crafts site, you can find the boxes by typing "del sys" in the search box. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%