Bakels Pettinice Vs Fondx - What's Your Preference?

Business By Cakepro Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 3:08am by princesscris

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 10

Just curious as to how many bakeries use Pettinice fondant over FondX. I recently tasted Pettinice fondant and thought it to be quite fabulous. The person who was using it told me that although it stays soft on cake, it elephant-skinned pretty quickly. After years of using Satin Ice, I recently switched to FondX because it tastes SO much better and it's so soft that I can roll it much thinner than Satin Ice. It doesn't skin up as quickly as Satin Ice used to.

I'm about to order a couple hundred pounds of fondant and was wondering about others' opinions. Please share! icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
Sherri

9 replies
itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 10

I've used Satin Ice, FondX, Massa, and Pettinice and prefer Pettinice.

Cakepro Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks! Do you happen to know of a cheaper online wholesaler of Pettinice than CK? They have 3 - 15# pails for $31.xx per pail.

I loved using Massa but wow that stuff's expensive.

itsacake Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 10

$31.00 per 15# is actually quite a good price. I'm not seeing it. Can you show me the URL?

Cakepro Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 10

You have to have a wholesale account set up with CK and must log in with your account # to see their price list online.

itsacake Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 10

I usually do my wholsale locally with Qzina and Marque Foods because CK has almost no kosher ingredients, but that price on Pettinice is really good, so maybe I should set up an account.

Is it the Country Kitchen SweetArt website you go to to set it up or somewhere else?

Cakepro Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 7:25pm
post #7 of 10

I believe so. www.ckproducts.com

jennywenny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennywenny Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 10

I use fondx because it is the cheapest I can get but I love the pettinice. Or at least I did until I realized it was from new zealand and I'm in california. My morals wont allow me to ship sugar across the pacific ocean!

Cakepro Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 8:51pm
post #9 of 10

Why do your morals prevent you from ordering a product that (possibly) originated in New Zealand? I find it hard to believe that Pettinice is not manufactured in the US because shipping would cause the product to be quite expensive (such as Massa from the UK). I haven't done any research on this, obviously, so it could very well be produced in NZ and imported here...but in any case, I'm curious as to your statement. icon_smile.gif

princesscris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscris Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 3:08am
post #10 of 10

Bakels is from New Zealand, but I'm sure the Pettinice I buy is manufactured in Australia (I'm Australian) - they certainly have a factory in Sydney. It's possible that they also manufacture in the US. The lower cost of the product could be because of the exchange rate.

All the best,
Cris.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%