Got Another Bridezilla! This Is Just Not My Month! Lol

Decorating By sweetneice Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 3:23am by shorty56

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 2:26am
post #1 of 12

Ok, so the bride contracts me for 3pm. I told her I would be there to set up about 1:30-2pm if her reception and wedding are in the same area. I hadn't heard from her in a while and it was thurs. I called and said I'm calling to see when you'll be able to deliver the cake topper and to get any special last minute instructions about the site. She tells me she'll bring it friday. Friday comes and nothing, so I call her to see when she would be stopping by, she says"Oh, I'm not, just get it from the coordinator(which she never gave me the name of) I said Ok, then I said " I'll see you tomorrow at the __________location............and then the BOMB DROPPED!

She not only gives me a WHOLE NEW RECEPTION SITE, BUT.........ARE YOU READY? A BRAND NEW TIME! We have went from 3 to 6PM! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!
I said " Ma'am you booked me for 3 pm, and I'm sorry but I schedule my day, clients, and family according to the way I'm booked. You will have to find someone to pick it up or I can deliver it to the location at that time. Come to find out, you can't get in until after they shut down the museum! UGH! I was totally ticked! I had 200 cupcakes and a small cake to deliver sitting in my shop, not to mention other clients that had cake orders! So as much as I didnt want to do it, we delivered after I blasted out the coordinator for her and her client putting me through undue stress but I refuse to have my hard work destroyed by the hands of someone who is not capable of delivering correctly and guest thinking my work is horrible. We get there around ummmmmm 6:15! lol

We had other people in front of her and refused to short change any of them due to irresponsible people. Got out the car, start to set up and the maid of honor says to my dh.......Excuse me sir, is there a reason you're late? He says"Actually, we're not late, we're scheduled for 3pm and wasnt told until yesterday that the time is 6pm and we had other obligations ahead of this, so we're not late at all. She had the nerve to say
" Well, will there be compensation for this?" I don't cuss but god knows I Almost did! Heck no! was my response! My DH looked like uh oh! You ready to go? lmbo!

The planner, family, nor one family member said thank you for all your hard work and bringing this to us for such short notice, or anything! UHHHHHHHHHHHH! To top it off they were in an art gallery and starting put food items, purses and the like on top of art that other people had bought, which infuriated the lady I spoke to on the phone at the site. I just looked at her and shook my head, we both just sighed, and she went off on them! My day has been terrible!!!!!!!!! Sorry to vent! I will never ever ever do it again no matter what the situation is. Either you get it delivered contracted time or it doesnt go anywhere, case closed! I dont care how much I worked! Im learning guys....I'm learning. Everyone experiences it for themselves and this is my time I guess. Thanks

11 replies
eccl1-12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eccl1-12 Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 3:34am
post #2 of 12

Sorry, that sounds aweful! I think if I were you I would treat myself to a cup of coffee, a piece of something chocolate and a good movie, and early to bed. We all have encounters with mean people. They were probably all stressed out. If the bride is a bridezilla, that stresses everyone around her, and she's probably that way partially because she's stressed herself. Still, it made for a lousy day for you, so I guess you can be thankful the day is over icon_smile.gif You have my sympathy...

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 3:58am
post #3 of 12

And at the point of the new reception site and time I would have said, "with a change in contract at last minute I will need an additional $150 delivered to me no later than 5pm tonight in order to make it tomorrow"

OK, so maybe not quite that much, but i definitely would have made them pay additional for the changes.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 4:06am
post #4 of 12

If there is any more mention of compensation for the later delivery-tell the bride what you are expecting to be paid! Then tell her to take it out of the coordinator's part since she failed to follow up with you-which was her job!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 4:09am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

And at the point of the new reception site and time I would have said, "with a change in contract at last minute I will need an additional $150 delivered to me no later than 5pm tonight in order to make it tomorrow"

OK, so maybe not quite that much, but i definitely would have made them pay additional for the changes.

thumbs_up.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 12

OMG - SOME people!!!! They just don't have a clue what we do or what goes into doing it.....

I'm shak'in my head.......

((((hugs))))

Jen icon_smile.gif

sweetneice Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 4:29pm
post #7 of 12

Aww........thanks guys! You're the best! To make it all worse I had a massive asthma attack and had to be transported by ambulance an hour after writing this! Ugh! But Im much better now and have let it go with that bride.......at least until she brings back my cake stand. I hope she doesnt expect anything when she brings it back........and she had better bring it back! You know how some people are! I had already included a rental fee that would cover it if she doesnt. The way they acted you never know what they'll do.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 4:50pm
post #8 of 12

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif - Good grief - after i read your original post i thought - "bet you had a caking headache that night"
Then i read on - not a caking headache but a massive asthma attack.

Hope the MOH's face is forever in your memory - just incase she comes a knocking for you to ever make her a birthday/christening/whatever cake. icon_wink.gif

Do hope you are feeling better

Bluehue.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 7:22pm
post #9 of 12

I had an interesting one this weekend also. The coordinator called to tell me the bride hadn't received a contract yet, and of course she HAD received it but lost it. When I called the florist because there were a lot of flowers on the cake to coordinate delivery times, he said we was gong to be there around 11 am. I thought to myself, wow that's really early as I had a 6 pm delivery scheduled with a big arrow pointing to it, as that's a little later than I normally deliver.

So I called the coordinator back and said, "I have a scheduled delivery time of 6pm, but the florist is delivering at 11:00 am. Was there a change somewhere along the way with the start time?"

"Oh yes, the wedding was moved to 1 pm."

Well, it would have been nice if the coordinator had mentioned that to ALL the vendors.

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:13am
post #10 of 12

UGH! That sounds like a crummy day! Hugs to you icon_smile.gif

sweetneice Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:51am
post #11 of 12

Yes, it was crummy and I'm glad it's over! lol! Leah_s..........hugs to you! I know how you feel! At least Im not the only one who's experienced this. Although I wouldn't want any of you to have that happen. Thanks to you all!

shorty56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shorty56 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 3:23am
post #12 of 12

i'm sorry you had to deal with all that! i've come to learn that brides are NOT reliable when it comes to scheduling delivery times. i've had so many brides tell me one time for delivery, and then the venue tell me something totally different. here's some advice for the future, just smile and nod when the bride tells you to be there at X time. then immediately call the reception site to verify. calling the reception site directly is the only way to get things scheduled reliably.

good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%