Airbrushing

Decorating By mushroom1988 Updated 11 Apr 2010 , 12:51pm by mushroom1988

mushroom1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushroom1988 Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone icon_smile.gif
My Mum's offered me her airbrush to use for cake decorating, but I just wanted to double check whether or not it can be used. Do I need a special one for the food colouring or will an art one be ok to use? Also what's the best food colouring to use for it?
Thanks for the help!
Beth x

4 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 5

As long as its clean you can use it for food but you cant go from art airbrushing to food and then back again because I would think some residue from the paints my stay. I might be wrong though. But it doesnt have to be a special airbrush to be used for cakes. The best is Americolor airbrushing colors.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 5

As far as I know as long as you use cake food coloring for airbrushing you are fine. I use Americolor airbrushing paint and love it.

eccl1-12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eccl1-12 Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 3:40am
post #4 of 5

If she is giving it to you, that's great! I agree, clean it well and use it. If you are going to be sharing it, you may consider buying a second 'pen' (is that what it is called?) and then there wouldn't be the bother. I am not sure but I think you can buy just the pens without having to buy a whole compressor and everything.

mushroom1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushroom1988 Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone! I'll have a look into the Americolor range, fingers crossed I can get it in the UK (I'm sure someone will supply it!!!). Yeahh it's really generous of Mum to offer it to me, she said she never uses it and she thinks she only used it once years and years ago! But yes, I'll give it a very good clean before using it!
Beth x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%