I Am So Nervous....

Lounge By chelseak Updated 18 Apr 2010 , 5:33am by anxietyattack

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 17

I know you guys here on CC will understand.... So I just had my second interview at a really cool/trendy Cupcakery here and I think it went really well. I am an at home/hobby baker (with A LOT to learn!) and I applied for a part time decorator position.... I was so nervous on the way there, I swear I almost threw up! It is the perfect job for me, they are good with what days I can work (15 month old at home icon_smile.gif) I just want to get my foot in the door of this amazing cake world...I would be working with the head decorator who is very skilled, so she would be teaching me a lot... I am just NERVOUS!!!! This could open up a lot of doors for me.

I really want it! I just keep thinking, was there something else I could have said to sell myself? Was she just being nice? The way she was talking sounded like I already had the job...but that nasty self-doubt creeps into my mind...

Anyways, I just needed to get this off my chest...

Thanks for listening!

16 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 17

Oh, don't doubt yourself!! Go eat a cupcake icon_razz.gif , relax, and let us know the minute she calls to say that the job's yours!

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 17

I bet it's yours! icon_wink.gif

chelseak Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 17

Awww Thanks!! I tend to over think things a LOT... I know I need to think positively and just wait and see! Thanks for the support icon_lol.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 17

Waiting after an interview for a job you really, really want it is the worst! Try to find some things to divert your mind....and best wishes to you!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 17

Calm down icon_smile.gif I wish you good luck in winning this prize possitionicon_smile.gif
Judging from your pix I bet you can teach her a thing or two!

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 3:18am
post #7 of 17

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes...we will be keeping our fingers crossed for you!

chelseak Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 3:27am
post #8 of 17

Well, thank you to everyone for all the well wishes and positive thinking, it looks like it paid off!! She called today and I got the job! I start next Saturday and I am so excited icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I have to say, this website is an absolutely amazing place to come. For ideas, venting and lots and lots of support!

Thanks again!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 3:29am
post #9 of 17

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a 15month old at home as well and I am so Jealous of you LOL! ....... I hope it turns out to be a wonderful experience for you.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 12:22pm
post #10 of 17

Hooray!!!! I'm so happy for you! party.gif

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 10:18am
post #11 of 17

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 2:30pm
post #12 of 17

Yay!! congrats and let us know how it goes.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 11:19pm
post #13 of 17

What happy news! Congratulations and enjoy!

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 11:25pm
post #14 of 17

Congratulations! That's awesome!

chelseak Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 12:28am
post #15 of 17

Well today was my first day and it went really well! Quite a different environment than being at home trying to bake/decorate/clean/think with a toddler running around yelling and pooping and eating and such lol icon_lol.gif And I just realized that this in my 100th post! Small potatoes next to all the superstars on here, but a small milestone nonetheless icon_smile.gif

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 12:58am
post #16 of 17

SO happy to hear your day went well, Chelsea. And yes I completely understand the toddler issue. LOL and I do it as a hobby. crazy kids. lol

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 5:33am
post #17 of 17

YAY!!!! Congrats icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%