Help Woth Fondant, Please!

Decorating By chrisrich Updated 10 Apr 2010 , 4:58pm by dalis4joe

chrisrich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisrich Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 4

I've used fondant before for accents, but this is the first time I've used it to cover an entire cake. I'm using the Satin Ice brand, if that makes a difference.
Can SOMEINE (anyone?) please give me some techiniques for getting the wrinkles out of the bottom of the cake? The cake is a pair of ta-ta's for a breast cancer survivor, so it's basically two cones sitting side by side covered in one piece of fondant.

I was happy with actually getting the fondant ON the cake (that was a concern of mine. However, now that I'm trying to smooth out the fondant for the ta-ta shape, the pair has come serious wrinkles at the bottoms/edges. Any advise of how to get this out for a smooth look?

Also, I'm noticing that in some areas, I can't get the cornstarch off am it looks like it's starting to get little cracks. Any advise of this?

Thanks for your help!

3 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 4

Not to be mean or anything, but those questions have been asked and answered many times. The search engine on CC is simple to use and quite helpful.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 4

aaaw... let's not just send her on a search... she is in the middle of this...

You need to strech the fondant slowly and to the point where the wrinkles are past the cake edge... here take a look at this video.....

you might have to re-do it..... good luck and be patient don't let it get you all upset...

icon_smile.gif

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 4

for the PS.... if you have an iron that has a steam setting... steam the cake... it's the best way.... if not.... airbrush some vodka..... or rub it very lightly with some shortening...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%