Daddy's Beware

Lounge By HowCoolGomo1 Updated 13 Apr 2010 , 6:16pm by KHalstead

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 6:49am
post #1 of 7

I just fixed my own throne.

It wasn't that difficult. You just need to follow the instructions.

Who knew?

I've switched out electrical stuff, but plumbing I always thought should be a man's game.

Not anymore!

6 replies
mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 12:21pm
post #2 of 7

thumbs_up.gif Good Job!

Being the wife of a soldier, I've been faced with such FUN tasks as yours. I have to say the one that got me was having to get the hair clog from the shower drain. I know GROSS shhh.gif

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommicakes

thumbs_up.gif Good Job!

Being the wife of a soldier, I've been faced with such FUN tasks as yours. I have to say the one that got me was having to get the hair clog from the shower drain. I know GROSS shhh.gif

Thank you! My SIL is in your boat. I love hearing how she didn't sign up for that part.

2 B honest, I was raised an Air Force brat and my mother started me early.

I'm a firm believer when the daughter leaves her parents home, she should be supplied with a serious tool kit and a few good how to books. LOL

Military wives and husbands, make it work. Everyone of you deserve more credit than you get.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 2:49am
post #4 of 7

My DH and I made sure our daughters know how to change a tire, change the oil in a car, drive a manual transmission & mow grass (I am sure there is other things too, those are the ones that come to mind!)

They are all self sufficient! icon_smile.gif

Now, the plumbing stuff, KUDOS to you for that, we have only done the fix the gasket kinds of stuff there!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 7

My Dad forced me to fix anything that went wrong on my car as a teenager (I was a prissy girl too), he had me change tires, change oil, replace brakes, replace battery lines, replace a distributor cap, and general maintenance as well.

too bad I don't remember any of it!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 7

KH - we were just talking about that stuff the other day, (how do you remember it all??) and my youngest (22) siad, "Duh, Mom, all you have to do is google it, they have how to do everything on google!"

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 6:16pm
post #7 of 7

lol google does know everything......I had some issues with my van and googled my systems and I was able to self-diagnose the issue, call the mechanic and tell HIM what was wrong lol

When I took it in he was like........you were right about what was wrong...I'm impressed..........I said "don't be, I googled it!" lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%