Need Help With 3D People.

Decorating By drowninginfondant Updated 10 Apr 2010 , 12:23am by cakemom42

drowninginfondant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowninginfondant Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 5

I have a request for a bride and groom on top of a wedding shower cake but they want the groom to be tackling the bride (football fans). I've made the figures several times already but realized tha they were not going to work. I'm thinking I need to build a support symtem for bride and groom. Any suggestions on how to do this or a better way overall? TIA

4 replies
cakemom42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 5

Learning to do 3D people takes time & practice... you are doing the right thing by keep on trying.. a couple of suggestion:
- try making them smaller.
- use uncooked speghatti to hold them together.
- be sure to portion the heads to the bodies.
- remember fondant take longer to dry so try gumpaste.
- it is ok to make them look like characters.
- lastly you could use RKT if all else fails.

You can do this I believe in you!!

cakemom42 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 5

Hey check out the thread going now "how do I make 3D fondant/gumpaste people".. the pics are great!! should help you :0)

drowninginfondant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowninginfondant Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 5

I've made lots of figures (your right, it takes time and practice), I know how to do it its just I don't know how to make him tackle her and keep them upright and secure. Sorry, I should have been more clear when asking my question. icon_smile.gif I had forgotten about the rkt though. I've only used that sparingly. Is it really heavy?

cakemom42 Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 12:23am
post #5 of 5

Use less RKT & roll it out thin.. that should help the bulkyness..
The bride could be sitting down in her wedding dress w/a football in hand sitting on the goal line.. & the groom, in tux, could be on his knees w/a ring box in hand at the 10 yd line.... This would give you an easier time rather than having them stand & puts a bit of humor into the senerio...

If you really want them standing anchor them with speghatti directly down into the cake.. I use 2 pieces per leg will hold it well.

Did you got to the other thread on 3D people??
Keep at it you can do this :0)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%