Edible Image..can You Delete A Piece In The Image?how?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 9 Apr 2010 , 9:00pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 6

I have an order for a cupcake cake with a Barbie three muskateers edible image picture.The customer wants me to take out the Three muskateers logo,the paper doll icon and the based on the movie words down below and replace it with HB Zofia...How do I do this?? I have the Kopykake software and the Edible Artist...

Here is the picture...
LL

5 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 6

well....

1) it's a copyrighted image...so....that means legally you can't tamper with it except for personal or artistic (derivative) use where there is no resale of any type at all.

-----

if I wanted to play with it for personal use, such as making a cake for personal relative where it is a gift to them...

I'd use PhotoFiltre (free download) which would let me erase all that stuff very easily. It even let's you add text, BUT...

dropping the cleaned up pic into MS Publisher lets you add text far more easily.

then you can export it as a jpg.

of course, if you have Photoshop, well then nigh to anything is possible.

Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 6

That's what I thought.I will just have to tell her that I can't delete anything in the picture...I have been playing with it in my edible image programs but there is nothing that will allow you to crop apart a picture like that...I'll have to let her know!!t

Thanks Doug!!!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 6

Since it's a copyrited image you can't even sell it the way it is.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 6

but...just to show you what could be done (with appropriate ruining so it can't be used!)

this, even the text, was done in PhotoFiltre (free!)
LL

Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 9:00pm
post #6 of 6

Nah..I don't even want to fool around with a copyrighted image like that.I emailed her to say it can't be done...I don't have such programs or even know how to use them that way so I'll tell her to choose something else.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%