Help With An Idea For A Goodbye Cake For Co-Workers Pls!

Decorating By mousehill Updated 9 Apr 2010 , 7:01pm by mousehill

mousehill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mousehill Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to make a cake for two co-workers that are leaving next week, only I have never made a goodbye cake before. I plan to write "all the best and their names" but I have no decorating idea's. Its going to be an 8" x 3.5" round cake. I plan to only use butter cream icing to cover the cake but would be willing to do decorations in other materials. One co-worker is waiting to get called to the bar, and the other doesn't have a new job yet but would be something in admin, possibly in a law firm. Does anyone have an idea of what I could do, it would be greatly appreciated!

6 replies
Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 7

If you were just to decorate the top of the round...

Maybe an upturned horseshoe with a gavel laying in front of it and the message Good Luck and their names?

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 7

I realize this is no help, but all I keep thinking of is the cake wreck cakes where all the instructions to the baker are actually written on the cake.

so and so
underneath that
we will miss you

Sorry. This is only helpful if they are cw fans or have a good sense of humor. icon_smile.gif

mama2_3 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 7

Wait a minute. If they do have a good sense of humor, could you make a fake baker instruction sheet to lay next to the cake with similar instructions as my comment above, but start with

Following the letter of the law...
under that
so and so
under that
we will miss you

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 7

Speaking of humor......I did a goodbye giant cupcake surrounded by little cuppies recently for an office. They guy leaving was Seth--but they had me put "We'll never forget you, Sid" on the cake. It was pretty cute and got a lot of laughs.

The little cuppies had little note holder picks (Wilton) in them that held all their good wishes on little notes.

mama2_3 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkinkema

Speaking of humor......I did a goodbye giant cupcake surrounded by little cuppies recently for an office. They guy leaving was Seth--but they had me put "We'll never forget you, Sid" on the cake. It was pretty cute and got a lot of laughs.

The little cuppies had little note holder picks (Wilton) in them that held all their good wishes on little notes.

What a neat idea for eveyone to get to write a note to those leaving! thumbs_up.gif I think that would have been funny to see his name wrong!

mousehill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mousehill Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 7:01pm
post #7 of 7

thanks for the idea's! i also thought of the cake wreck idea. i like the idea of the little notes of good wishes. i might go with that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%