Monthly Cookie Club - April 2010

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 2 May 2010 , 12:04am by drakegore

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 11:55am
post #181 of 205

AWESOME cookies, KHalstead! And now I get to be envious of a 6-yr-old's talent! Maybe you've got yourself another Martha Stewart!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 12:35pm
post #182 of 205

"It's a good thing."

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 12:41pm
post #183 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by endymion

You sure start training them young, KHalstead! Yes, she is quite the "budding" (haha!) artist, indeed.

Your cookies are very cool -- the tulips almost look like brush embroidery. Is that sanding sugar in the center of the yellow flower? The tiny seed packets are sweet. (How the heck do you decorate a cookie that is one inch square?!?!? -- I guess a SIX-year-old's fingers are small enough to do that, but mine sure aren't! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

The center of the yellow flower is just "warm brown" americolor gel stippled on with a paintbrush!

she really is a "budding" artist (you guys are so punny (get it?) LOL)

She really CAN draw though........she started out drawing cats and stuff when she was 2, by 4 she was enamored with me drawing cakes in my spare time and now at 6 she literally draws 3-dimensional cakes and animals........nobody has ever "taught" her how to draw though, she just loves to draw and looks at objects and copies them!

she designs her own birthday cakes too and submits the sketch to ME, instead of me submitting a sketch to HER! lol

KHalstead Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 2:00pm
post #184 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

AWESOME cookies, KHalstead! And now I get to be envious of a 6-yr-old's talent! Maybe you've got yourself another Martha Stewart!

Now if I can just teach her to be a neat freak like Martha!! How do you engrain THAT in a child??? lol

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 5:11pm
post #185 of 205

id there a prize for the pokiest poster, lol?
not the best photo, but if i take the time to get a better photo, it will be may....

i am kinda burned out on light springy colors, so please forgive the not-so-springy colors icon_smile.gif. tried sponging on the gold color which gave a really neat marbled effect but you can't see it very well in the photos. wanted a script background but my americolor pens were just not fine enough and kinda ruined the effect. these are supposed to be poppies but they look like roses....
LL

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 5:17pm
post #186 of 205

Diane, it's no wonder they want your cookies for the magazine! These are INCREDIBLE! They look like poppies to me, I think the colors are gorgeous, and the photography is beautiful. Onlyin my dreams could I create such wonderful cookies, and then get a decent photo of them.

KHalstead Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 5:19pm
post #187 of 205

oh WOW!!!!!!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 5:40pm
post #188 of 205

They're so lovely, Drakegore, as are the ones in the magazine!!! You're an inspiration icon_razz.gif

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 5:43pm
post #189 of 205

Wow!!! Those are some amazing cookies!

Gotta love all the amazing talent on this website!

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:11pm
post #190 of 205

Wow Ive seen so many wonderful cookies! I'm hoping to get a chance this weekend and do something "spring".

KHalstead Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:42pm
post #191 of 205

how did you do the writing in the background........seems too perfect and exact to be handwritten!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:59pm
post #192 of 205

those are gorgeous, drakegore!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:40pm
post #193 of 205

drakegore, Lovely.
I'm thinking they look like roses to you because of the placement of the green right under the flower petals. Most poppies don't have much green there.

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 1 May 2010 , 12:13am
post #194 of 205

OMG drakegore !! :O amazing!!!

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 1 May 2010 , 2:31am
post #195 of 205

Those cookies are absolutely breathtaking, drakegore! icon_eek.gif

They are such works of art! I love the idea of the script in the background... and I saw them as poppies rather than roses.

Creative_Cookies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_Cookies_Cakes Posted 1 May 2010 , 3:00am
post #196 of 205

I finally got mine done. They are seed packets. Spring is a time to plant.
LL

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 1 May 2010 , 3:23am
post #197 of 205

Nice handpainting!

Creative_Cookies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_Cookies_Cakes Posted 1 May 2010 , 3:32am
post #198 of 205

Thanks!! Everyone's cookies look great. I love this Forum. I can't wait for next months.

LMiles4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LMiles4 Posted 1 May 2010 , 2:40pm
post #199 of 205

wow, you ladies amaze me, this is my new fav. forum! I love the cookie club idea ! I'm just starting out with the cookies decorating and I ordered some fun cutters last week. I have a 2 yr old and 9 wk. old... so when I get some time I'm going to try them out! icon_smile.gif And one is a bikini for the May "beach" theme!

bonniebakes Posted 1 May 2010 , 8:00pm
post #200 of 205

love those seed packets! Makes me want to get outside and garden!

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 1 May 2010 , 8:03pm
post #201 of 205

cool!

bonniebakes Posted 1 May 2010 , 8:04pm
post #202 of 205

I just started the May thread.... the theme for May is "nautical.beach", as picked by our first poster for April, Geminirj.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-678617-.html

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 1 May 2010 , 8:37pm
post #203 of 205

Drakegore, those are fabulous! They look like poppies to me too. I love the effect you gave the buds and the background has a tile look to it...I just love them!

drakegore Posted 2 May 2010 , 12:03am
post #204 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

how did you do the writing in the background........seems too perfect and exact to be handwritten!

i used the americolor gourmet writers and just freehanded...but i don't like them because i couldn't get a fine line from them. the writing was bolder than i wanted. i was recommened to kopykake pens for next time so i am going to buy a set and see if i can get a finer script. i love the idea of a background and this background was so easy i felt like i was cheating icon_smile.gif.

diane

drakegore Posted 2 May 2010 , 12:04am
post #205 of 205

thank you for all the nice comments, it made my day to read them!
diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%