Monthly Cookie Club - April 2010

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 2 May 2010 , 12:04am by drakegore

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:15pm
post #91 of 205

OK... here goes....

I decided that flowers were springy, and I have a bunch of flower making stuff for fondant that I've never ever used, so.....

S - sunflower, P - pansy, R - rose, I - impatiens, N - narcissus, G - geranium
LL
LL

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:18pm
post #92 of 205

Those are gorgeous Bonnie!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:21pm
post #93 of 205

BONNIE!!!!! I looooooooooooooove those! Awesome work!!!!

Creative_Cookies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_Cookies_Cakes Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:41pm
post #94 of 205

I love all the cookies they are awesome. I am going to try and get my cookies done either friday or saturday.

CookieMeister Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:53pm
post #95 of 205

Bonnie - I love the font (?) of those cookie cutter letters. Where did you get those? The only cookie cutter letters I have right now are the cheap plastic Wilton ones, and I want to get some new ones (preferabbly bigger because those Wilton ones are small - 1-1/2"-2".)

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:54pm
post #96 of 205

Wow! Bonnie, those are soooooo pretty!!!

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:29pm
post #97 of 205

Those cookies are AMAAAAAZING! So cheery and springy!

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:30pm
post #98 of 205

bonniebakes!!!!....thanks sooo much for pointing me in the right direction for the book. And I LOVE your cookies! I like that there are two versions...

All are your fondant flowers based on cutters? I especially love your rose - I tried ribbon rose buds but they don't look as delicate as yours. Can you share a simple "how to"?

Also, your royal icing flowers are fun. I'm not sure how to pipe any of those. Again, can you share a simple "how to"? Maybe tip sizes?

You rock!!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:50pm
post #99 of 205

I love your spring flowers, Bonnie!!! Here is my cookie for Earth Day. You know how pride goeth before a fall? Well, I only made this one and was so excited that it was turning out okay, then the last word I wrote looked crummy (the recycle right in the front, of course!"). I still like it okay, though. icon_razz.gif
LL

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 6:00pm
post #100 of 205

JGMB your cookie looks GREAT!!! icon_biggrin.gif

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:03pm
post #101 of 205

Bonniebakes, your cookies are so adorable. My favorites are the ones done with the fondant. When I frist saw them I thought they would be great in a bouquet...then I thought of how Choc-Ice does her numbers and makes them into one big cookie. That could also be done with your cookies. So sweet! WTG!

bonniebakes Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:25pm
post #102 of 205

WOW! Thanks, everyone! You have totally made my day!!

Let's see if I can answer all your questions....

- no, not all the fondant flowers are from cutters. The narcissus (aka daffodil) is a patchwork cutter, the impatiens are a cutter, the little geranium blossoms are cutters, and the sunflowers are a cutter. The others I just messed with until I cane up with soemthign I thought resembled those particular flowers.

- I guess I could try a mini "how-to"... but to be honest, it was completely trial and error (and a lot of error!)...

- for the RI flower, I looked at pictures of the flowers and tried to copy the shapes as best I could.... lots of improvement needed there (the creativity gene I have, the artistic one, not so much ) ! icon_cry.gif )

- again, I'd be happy to try a "how to" ... really?

- the cutters - I have no idea where I got them (I have about a thousand cookie cutters!) - they are not wilton... they are thin metal (not copper) and came in a box with letters and numbers. The "G" that came in the set is horrible - it doesn't look like a G at all! I had to make my own from the "Q"!

Thanks again everyone!!!

It was funny.... I made the cookies, but only placed the fondant flowers on the tops for the pictures, then I did RI on all of them so that my husband could take them into work for a big meeting today and people could eat the whole cookie without the dried fondant flowers. This morning my husband came down to get them to take to work and he was *upset* because he thought the fondant ones looked better and I should have left them on! Go figure, huh?
icon_biggrin.gif

bonniebakes Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:28pm
post #103 of 205

JGMB - I love the earth cookie! you can't tell that you messed up the words at all!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:36pm
post #104 of 205

bonniebakes and JGMB, your cookies are incredible!!

xiswtsawluiix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xiswtsawluiix Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:46pm
post #105 of 205

Love this thread!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:50pm
post #106 of 205

JGMB, I love the earth design...has a smooth, shiney, tile look to it.

bonniebakes, I love how you incorporated the letter with the flower (or is it the other way around?)

beautiful work, all of you!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:59pm
post #107 of 205

Thanks, everyone!!! I'm the one who wrote at the beginning of this thread that I was sick and didn't know if I could participate. Well, after 10 days of being housebound (except one trip to the dr.), I finally feel well enough again to bake party.gif I only made one earth cookie because the rest of the batch were used to celebrate my friend being volunteer of the month at our local food pantry. I made funky "Kay rocks!" cookies that I hope she'll get a kick out of.

CookieMeister Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:00pm
post #108 of 205

Oh, WOW. JGMB - as a self-proclaimed tree-hugger, color me IMPRESSED. That is fantastic.

cindy531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy531 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:24pm
post #109 of 205

Check this link out. She used sugar cookies to make cups...also won the 1 Million Dollar Pillsbury Bakeoff!!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/homestyle/04/14/winning.pillsbury.recipe/index.html?hpt=C2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by endymion

You know those cookies with jam in the middle? (...Are they called thumbprints?...) Maybe you could bake the jam on, like those, and then put a latticed cookie over the top? How fun!!!

I don't really know... it's currently only a thought in my head (and not one I've tried to see if it will work). But those little tins are only about an inch deep, so I guess you could make the cookie part more of a "crust' and have a lot of filling or make the cookie dough thicker than normal. Now I'm excited to try it, but I'm working on my "spring" cookies, so it will have to wait!

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:27pm
post #110 of 205

I'm so saving that link...that is really neat!

bonniebakes Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 11:51pm
post #111 of 205

all4cake - yes! thanks for noticing the letters match the initial of the flower!

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 11:53pm
post #112 of 205

Wow! I love the spring flowers -- how clever to have the flower's name match the letter. Agree that the font is snazzy, also. Love the pale yellow color you used on some of the cookies. That color is one of my faves.

Had to laugh about your 1,000 cookie cutters comment. Mine have over-run the kitchen and now over half of them are stored in the bedroom! (To my husband's chagrin.) icon_smile.gif

And the Earth Day cookie rocks as well! I think the writing looks great! I tried to make a globe Christmas ornament once and it ended up just looking like green and blue all mooshed together -- yours really looks like continents! Very cool!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 2:45am
post #113 of 205

Oh, wow! Those SPRING cookies are fabulous, Bonnie! My mouth is still hanging open in amazement. And JGMB, if you hadn't said a word about the "recycle" I wouldn't have even noticed it wasn't "perfect". The cookie came out beautifully!

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 3:49am
post #114 of 205

I just came across this thread....and ALL I want to do is make cookies now! These are all fantastic cookies. Hmmmmm what to make, what to make......

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 12:13pm
post #115 of 205

all those cookies are amazing!!!

bonnie I absolutely love those cookies, I have to do a "spring" cookie bouquet and I'm thinking I make take a stab at your cookies for that. The customer didn't care what it looked like, just wanted a spring theme and I've been stumped for an idea......what says spring more than a bouquet that "SAYS SPRING" LOL

JGMB-love the earth cookies, I would never think all that writing AND the globe could possibly fit neatly on a cookie, and you totally pulled it off! Great job!

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 2:00pm
post #116 of 205

JGMB-love the earth cookies! Excellent job! Next Thursday, the 22nd is Earth Day & what a fantastic cookie to bake & give to the children to take to the schools, offices or wherever. Just think, bake up a batch & pass them out to all the hard workers planting flowers & trees in your area. You would surely put a smile on those workers faces. A fantastic cookie for a fantastic day!

bonniebakes Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 1:51pm
post #117 of 205

did we hit a wall of cookies????

Come on cookiers, let's see some more "spring" cookies! icon_lol.gif

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 4:37pm
post #118 of 205

I am thinking of making some gray clouds with the sun popping out from them would that be considered spring?

Husband works as a go to guy at a theater and the are doing a production of Annie. I thought it would be a cute way to do the "the sun will come out tomorrow!"

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 5:00pm
post #119 of 205

Sounds spingy enough to me! Don't they say... "April showers bring May flowers...? Your cookie design sounds intriguing!

(Hey, I'm all for a fairly liberal interpretation of the month's theme if it means I get to see more cookies!) icon_biggrin.gif

bonniebakes Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 6:04pm
post #120 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCC

I am thinking of making some gray clouds with the sun popping out from them would that be considered spring?

Husband works as a go to guy at a theater and the are doing a production of Annie. I thought it would be a cute way to do the "the sun will come out tomorrow!"

sounds like a great idea! I can't wait to see it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%