Help Needed From Licensed Nh Home Decorators...

Business By kaseynh Updated 8 Apr 2010 , 2:47pm by kakedeco

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:00am
post #1 of 5

I am in the process of applying for a license from the state of NH and need a little help. Can anyone clarify this part of the application for me?

"A complete list of products including process reviews, if applicable, must be submitted with every annual renewal application. A license holder must report to Food Protection information on any new product added between annual renewals, including any required process reviews, for inclusion in the licensee's file prior to the product being sold/distributed. Maintaining a complete product list with Food Protection benefits the homestead producer because any facility that buys product for resale is required to verify that products they are selling are from a safe, approved source, and will contact Food Protection for verification that the producer is indeed licensed to produce the specific product."

What do they mean by "process reviews?" I have registered my business name with the state, I have had my water tested and we just moved into our new home. I am very excited at the prospect of realizing my dream. I don't want to screw up my application.

Any and all advice is welcome! Thank you!

Karen

4 replies
kakedeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedeco Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 11:55am
post #2 of 5

I, too, am in this process! I am in NH also. I am so confused! Anyways, I believe what they are looking for is if you make jams/jellies and your recipe, process is different than those they give. HTH!
~Kathy

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Kathy! I'll be sending my application in today!

Next question...

If I don't live in a self-inspecting town, do I contact an inspector closest to me or do I contact Concord, NH?

Any thoughts?

Karen

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 5

What they want is your recipe w/ingredients and step by step process of making the recipe.

kakedeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedeco Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 5

I believe when they receive your application, they will contact you to set up the appointment to send out an inspector.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%