I Need To Make 3 Different Cupcakes.

Baking By mindy1204 Updated 8 Apr 2010 , 4:40am by chilz822

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 1:12am
post #1 of 6

I need 3 different kinds of cupcakes. I need at least one that kids will like and 2 others. Maybe one kind of out of the box.

I am thinking...

French Vanilla with lemon buttercream- with lemon zest- can you make pound cake cuppies? That would pair well with lemon buttercream

Chocolate with peanut butter buttercream

And the 3rd? Maybe something springy?

Any ideas?

5 replies
daisy81382 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy81382 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 1:21am
post #2 of 6

How about a strawberry cake? That's very springy & kids & adults would like it. There are many different versions of the WASC that are pretty tasty. I'm sure whatever you make everyone will love!

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 1:34am
post #3 of 6

Key Lime or orange

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:31am
post #4 of 6

I would do vanilla with vanilla buttercream, lemon with raspberry buttercream, and chocolate with peanut butter buttercream.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:45am
post #5 of 6

How about vanilla with vanilla buttercream, lemon with lemon buttercream (or coconut with cream cheese buttercream and shredded coconut), and chocolate with mocha buttercream (even though the PB buttercream sounds yummy, also).

I also think that strawberry with strawberry buttercream would be a good choice to for the same reasons Daisy81382 said.

Good Luck!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 4:40am
post #6 of 6

Paula Deen's strawberry cake recipe makes the best cuppies. I have topped with both strawberry buttercream for a kids party and strawberry cream cheese and they are delicious. It's my most requested and most raved on...

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1625106

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/simply-delicious-strawberry-cake-recipe/index.html

For the strawberry buttercream, I made Buttercream Dream (from this site) and used pureed strawberries for the liquid... I also used the crusting cream cheese recipe here and added the pureed berried (and increased the powered sugar to thicken it back up)... to die for, it's like strawberry ice cream!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%