How Will You Attach Flowers? Thank You!

Decorating By honeyscakes Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 8:26pm by catlharper

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 2

Hello,
I will be making this cake for my niece in a few weeks.( she picked the design and gave me this picture.I dont know who made this cake)

{EDIT*** for some reason I can not attach the picture here icon_sad.gif but I can kinda explain the cake! It is a 3 tier round cake,iced with buttercream,with small "forget me nots" and roses in fondant/gumpaste around the tiers.towards the top edge of the cake.}
It will be iced with Sugar Shack's buttercream.with silk ribbon around the tiers.
She wants me to make pink tiny roses and some 5 petal flowers ( in 3 different shades of pink) plus some golden vines and baby scrolls.with some golden and pink dragees.SO pretty icon_biggrin.gif
Now, I am making the roses with gum paste.I plan to stick a tooth pick in the big roses ( biggest size will be about 1") and the other ones making them as they are and attaching them on the buttercream.
Now, my questions are:
1) what can I use to attach the gum paste flowers on buttercream? tylose glue or candy melts?
2) how would you go about attaching these roses? would you use tooth picks in the flowers to go in the cake or is there any other way to do that.
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!
- h[img][/img]

1 reply
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 2

Just use more buttercream as the glue. With fondant you would want something like the tylose mixture but it's not needed on buttercream. Just a teeny dab will do you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%